How much effort would it take Treyarch or Activision to fix WaW?

#1ItIsAPsyBorgPosted 2/10/2013 3:35:37 PM
This is not a rhetorical question, but a serious one. What kind of work would it take for hacking to be made unfeasible?

Moreover, how hard would it be to do some balancing work on weapons?

I would love to start a petition for a fix for this game but it's hard to do that without knowing what I'd be asking Treyarch to do.
#2duericPosted 2/10/2013 3:36:28 PM
How many people are playing W@W at any given time?

Serious question.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#3RJrockstarPosted 2/10/2013 3:36:44 PM
ItIsAPsyBorg posted...
This is not a rhetorical question, but a serious one. What kind of work would it take for hacking to be made unfeasible?

I would love to start a petition for a fix for this game but it's hard to do that without knowing what I'd be asking Treyarch to do.

A LOT OF WORK.

Because it would involve the company having to care about their older games, and that is impossible.
---
GT: FixdSwine
#4Ha_D00DPosted 2/10/2013 3:37:31 PM
What could Activision possibly do?
---
We'll settle this with violence. Come on, give it all you got. We'll settle this with bullets. Go ahead, take your best shot.
#5DarkManX2004Posted 2/10/2013 3:37:56 PM
ItIsAPsyBorg posted...

MW, WaW and MW2 will be fixed around the same time Sega give Shenmue 3 the go ahead.
---
GT/PSN = Makavelian87
#6MikeRoxTheBoatPosted 2/10/2013 3:45:54 PM
DarkManX2004 posted...
MW, WaW and MW2 will be fixed around the same time Sega give Shenmue 3 the go ahead.

They did! They just called it Yakuza.
#7ItIsAPsyBorg(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 3:52:33 PM
dueric posted...

Serious question.

There aren't that many on MW2 nowadays either. But Activision recently took it upon themselves to remove Favela from the map rotation and update it when a few Muslim gamers found content in it to be objectionable. If they can do that with MW2, why can't they please their actual fans and stop one of their games from being made unplayable?
#8ItIsAPsyBorg(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 3:52:54 PM
Ha_D00D posted...
What could Activision possibly do?

That's what I'm asking.
#9MegaTape13Posted 2/10/2013 3:54:35 PM
Too much, because they already have your money for that game and fixing it would reduce their chances of getting your money for the next game or DLC. Moreover, they're too busy making that next game or DLC.

The best you can realistically hope for is another WW2 CoD in a few years. :(
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#10duericPosted 2/10/2013 3:54:42 PM
ItIsAPsyBorg posted...
dueric posted...

Serious question.

There aren't that many on MW2 nowadays either. But Activision recently took it upon themselves to remove Favela from the map rotation and update it when a few Muslim gamers found content in it to be objectionable. If they can do that with MW2, why can't they please their actual fans and stop one of their games from being made unplayable?

In fairness, that's a completely different type of issue.

It also doesn't hurt that MW2 is still in the top 10 Xbox Live titles.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member