How much effort would it take Treyarch or Activision to fix WaW?

#31ihaveyahooraresPosted 2/10/2013 7:11:52 PM
RJrockstar posted...
ItIsAPsyBorg posted...
This is not a rhetorical question, but a serious one. What kind of work would it take for hacking to be made unfeasible?

Moreover, how hard would it be to do some balancing work on weapons?

I would love to start a petition for a fix for this game but it's hard to do that without knowing what I'd be asking Treyarch to do.

A LOT OF WORK.

Because it would involve the company having to care about their older games, and that is impossible.

It would also involve them spending money on something that isn't currently making them money...

YOU SEE THE DAMN SUPPORT WE GET FOR THIS F****** GAME

You really think they have the skill to fix an older game? You really think they want to spend any money on ANYTHING other than having their intern programmers make DLC?
#32flame030191Posted 2/10/2013 7:19:05 PM
DarkManX2004 posted...
ItIsAPsyBorg posted...
This is not a rhetorical question, but a serious one. What kind of work would it take for hacking to be made unfeasible?

Moreover, how hard would it be to do some balancing work on weapons?

I would love to start a petition for a fix for this game but it's hard to do that without knowing what I'd be asking Treyarch to do.

MW, WaW and MW2 will be fixed around the same time Sega give Shenmue 3 the go ahead.

Actually CoD4 and MW2 each got patched pretty recently (shortly before MW3's release).

Sure, each still have hacks and issues, but theyre better than before, and much better than World At War
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#33fatclemenzaPosted 2/10/2013 7:26:41 PM
Wut?

Host migration only works when the host quits. Which barely ever happens since they always dashboard
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#34metalclashPosted 2/10/2013 8:43:15 PM(edited)
I googled the Favela thing, it seems like a troll group of kids got it removed. Especially after the game has been out for 3 years. Wow, it was on the picture frame in the bathroom and the only way to see it was zooming in with an optic? That's obviously just a bunch of trolls messing with the game

EDIT: Also, with the COD4 patch thing, if it never had security built in then why are there only modders now and not before...?
---
people who snapchat are just flat out stupid.
#35fatclemenzaPosted 2/10/2013 8:42:58 PM
EDIT: Also, with the COD4 patch thing, if it never had security built in then why are there only modders now and not before...?

The mods didn't exist until a few years ago. There were times when the game was big where you'd see god mode etc people flying around but that got patched. It was different tech though. These are full fledged mod menus that look like they are derived from PCs with the way the advertisements in-game are. Only the host can alter the game settings though, so the modder needs to get host. Otherwise they just spam the advertising message near the mini map and commit suicide over and over.
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#36CalvinCandiePosted 2/11/2013 1:00:29 PM
Wut?

Host migration only works when the host quits. Which barely ever happens since they always dashboard

You must not play war. They quit whenever they start losing it.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdba4b2eMJ1r5k6oio1_500.gif