Favorite Sniper Rifle and Comment Question

#1DakotaOnFireNowPosted 2/11/2013 11:01:14 AM
What is your favorite sniper rifle in Black Ops 2? - Results (66 votes)
SVU-AS
18.18% (12 votes)
DSR 50
43.94% (29 votes)
Ballista
30.3% (20 votes)
XPR-50
7.58% (5 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Now that we have been given a new weapon via DLC (Peacekeeper), would you like there to be a new sniper rifle as a weapon added with DLC? Personally, I would love to have more options concerning the sniper rifles, but I would like to know what the community thinks about this. Also, what kind of sniper rifle would you like to see? Semi-Auto like the SVU-AS and XPR-50, or bolt action like the DSR 50 and Ballista? Or would you like to see something new and different?
---
I give this post 7/7 asses.
#2L4DMalusPosted 2/11/2013 11:04:34 AM
I would love to see a Downloadable Sniper Rifle. Personally I want another Bolt Action because personally I think it takes more skill to use a Bolt Action that it does to use something like the SVU-AS because all you have to do is spam the trigger with the SVU and you can manage to get a kill with the last two bullets whereas if you don't hit with that first shot off a Bolt Action your probably going to end up dying unless the guy your shooting at is particularly daft
---
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world" - Gandhi
#3RConyxPosted 2/11/2013 11:07:46 AM
I would say the Ballista but :
;you run , you see someone , you do the most beautiful flashscope of your life = hitmarker then you die

So it is the DSR-50 !!!
---
Onyx*/RC . FC : 4396-7403-3408 .
http://www.youtube.com/user/4nightmare2?feature=mhee If you sub me , I will sub you back :]
#4DakotaOnFireNow(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 11:56:30 AM
L4DMalus posted...
I would love to see a Downloadable Sniper Rifle. Personally I want another Bolt Action because personally I think it takes more skill to use a Bolt Action that it does to use something like the SVU-AS because all you have to do is spam the trigger with the SVU and you can manage to get a kill with the last two bullets whereas if you don't hit with that first shot off a Bolt Action your probably going to end up dying unless the guy your shooting at is particularly daft

Idk if I would classify it as skill, but using a bolt action as opposed to a semi-auto definitely feels more tense. Like "I need to make this first shot count, I'm pretty exposed and it's going to take a little bit to realign this shot and fire" as opposed to "I would really like this first shot to hit the chest area and up, but if not I will follow through with a few more shots quickly". At least, this is how it is for me.
---
#5HitokiriFelixPosted 2/11/2013 12:02:32 PM
I hate the XPR, if only because I'm so used to the awesomeness that was the Barret. Treyarch always hates the semi-auto snipers lol, remember blops dragunov? The SVU is the first good semi-auto they've made.
---
Xbox Live: xXSpaceFlowerXx
#6flamepeltPosted 2/11/2013 12:04:14 PM
SVU and XPR are amazing. I Like the second shot we get if there is small lag or they have bad hit detection from lihhtweight(not hating on lightweight) while the the DSR has the advantage if little hitmarkers. Using the DSR and getting a random hitmarker is horrible, while a random 1 shot kill with the SVU makes you feel pretty good.
#7RapaleemanPosted 2/11/2013 12:06:41 PM
Love me some Ballista due to the fact that the terrible Iron Sight attachment exists.

I hate sniping since I hate being out of the fight but hte irons keep me close. Coupling the obtrusive sights with my poor aim and you get an amazing weapon. I get more kills with the Executioner on that class than I do the Ballista but man does it look fine in gold. One of the few guns that looks great gold since it is a naturally brown/sand color weapon. Diamond looks too obnoxious for my taste.

I would love a DLC sniper. Another bolt action with an iron sight attachment. Maybe the MSR, an M98 variant, or an M107. An AS50 or even something smaller like the Scout Tactical.

We don't need another spammable sniper but variety to get the 500 iron sight kills calling card would be nice. Then again I'm actually almost there. I got over 100 over the weekend just screwing around with dual wield Kap40s (aka the BO1 Skorpians) and tac inserts. I was tactically inserting all over the place.
---
"Cover your receptors Perceptor."
Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.
#8DakotaOnFireNow(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 4:46:43 PM
Rapaleeman posted...
Love me some Ballista due to the fact that the terrible Iron Sight attachment exists.

I hate sniping since I hate being out of the fight but hte irons keep me close. Coupling the obtrusive sights with my poor aim and you get an amazing weapon. I get more kills with the Executioner on that class than I do the Ballista but man does it look fine in gold. One of the few guns that looks great gold since it is a naturally brown/sand color weapon. Diamond looks too obnoxious for my taste.

I would love a DLC sniper. Another bolt action with an iron sight attachment. Maybe the MSR, an M98 variant, or an M107. An AS50 or even something smaller like the Scout Tactical.

We don't need another spammable sniper but variety to get the 500 iron sight kills calling card would be nice. Then again I'm actually almost there. I got over 100 over the weekend just screwing around with dual wield Kap40s (aka the BO1 Skorpians) and tac inserts. I was tactically inserting all over the place.

I agree with you about needing another sniper rifle with the "iron sights" attachment. However, idk how I feel about it being on a semi-auto sniper rifle like the SVU-AS because it would almost feel like a high powered FAL or SMR. I don't think we need another version of those. I would rather see them implement the iron sights attachment on another style of sniper rifle. Personally, I think the DSR should also have the option for the attachment, but that is another battle for another day.
---
#9NejiHyuga900Posted 2/11/2013 10:00:42 PM
At first, DSR 50. I used that in my 4th custom class (which I use to call it "One Shot KO"). Later, I renamed my class to Speed Sniper and started using the SVU-AS and I am loving the SVU-AS. It may be the weakest sniper rifle but it has low recoil and I can shoot pretty fast with it. The XPR-50 is a stronger version of SVU-AS but it has more recoil.

And prior to the release of BO2, I thought I would love the Ballista since it has an Iron Sight attachment but nah. Imagine spam firing with the SVU-AS if the SVU-AS was giving the Iron Sight attachment; that would be one powerful sniper version of the FAL.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
#10RConyxPosted 2/12/2013 10:49:08 AM
<3 THE DSR-50
---
Onyx*/RC . FC : 4396-7403-3408 .
http://www.youtube.com/user/4nightmare2?feature=mhee If you sub me , I will sub you back :]