supercoolisaac posted...
Overd0s posted...
supercoolisaac posted...
slaveanselmo posted...
GreatKiraLord posted...
There's a difference between defensive plays and camping
You camp
You are bad

But I got to the corner first, it's mine. If I leave someone else might take it.

omg

This is why every map needs at most 8 corners

The topic in your sig got modded lol.

Yea... My topic got JVel'd
---
Vote for my new sig:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/669289-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/65284548
#52roach06Posted 2/14/2013 11:51:43 AM
Confirmed Camper.

People camp because they dont have the gun-skill to move and kill at the same time. End of story.

I complain about campers not because they kill me (because most of the time, they dont), its because they think they are good when they are not. If you have a 2kd, but a 300SPM...your a terrible player and will get rocked by anyone decent.
---
GT: Roach4488
https://elite.callofduty.com/player/hq/xbox/54d10030cc86b1b90fcd5a1b3afeb1b6
#53JSpillaPosted 2/14/2013 12:23:48 PM
Buried_Bones posted...
In all honesty it is all about getting out of the city. Sometimes it is just super relaxing to head up to the mountains and fish and hunt. It can be work sometimes setting up, maintaining firewood and stuff, and taking down. I enjoy all the entire experience though. The stars at night, the wildlife, campfires, getting away from all the people. and smores FTW. All in all I think it is just a good healthy relaxing getaway. Not everyone's cup of tea though.
#54Juzten76Posted 2/14/2013 12:46:47 PM
People camp because it is their chosen strategy. There's no sense in over thinking it.
#55Bonezy_BPosted 2/14/2013 1:14:28 PM
i am not huge into the run & gun flip the spawns instantly nonsense like most people but i don't lay down and stare at a door either i play the objectives and protect the objectives, but i also think "camping" is acceptable for a few reasons.

1st- not everybody is good at playing the fast paced check out my youtube channel its 360 no scopes all day bro style of play...

2nd- if we cap a point in dom or plant a bomb or whatever are we campers for protecting our objective? NO... but most of you will say yes your a camper gtfo noob all kinds of stupid **** but where is the logic there? are we suppose to just leave our **** unprotected so your team can take our flag or defuse our bomb or whatever?

3rd- who cares if someone else camps... are you gonna go to there house and make them move their character out of the corner? i doubt it, just play your way and let others play they're way! (i don't enjoy quickscopers but i don't yell at them or complain to them, i just get a revenge medal when i get the opportunity, if they even killed me to begin with).

sorry to kind of rant on your topic.
#56gameflakPosted 2/14/2013 2:23:47 PM
Ertrick36 posted...
Well it's rather obvious. Camping's one of the easiest and most effective tactics in the entire game. The only reason why other people get mad at "campers" is because they are insecure of themselves. They try to ostracize these "campers" by labeling them as such. The result is that while "campers" are generally looked down upon generally don't care because they only really care about playing the game (somewhat) how it was supposed to be played. Then those who keep getting killed start getting really ticked off because people say that they don't have any skill, so they make up skills that aren't actually skills, such as the notorious "no-scope 360 headshot" (or some variation of that); they make it seem like performing a "no-scope" kill is some sort of great achievement because it rarely happens, but that is only because the two requirements for getting a "no-scope" is for you to be facing an enemy in some way and a s*** ton of luck.

This is why you will run into idiots who either claim to be better than everyone and just deny the facts and blame lag when they lose, or who are always p***ed off. It's also why campers are generally cool-headed and treat CoD like it really is; a game. Still, though, I doubt that online FPS's are quite what developers first imagined them being when they put in teamdeathmatch; that is, I think that developers actually expected players to use tactics and work together, rather than just aiming for high kills. Still though, at least some people actually use their heads in the game, though it doesn't drown out the stupidity of the rest of the community.

I agree with your first sentence for sure. But the reason that I get irritated with campers is because people don't really want to play a game where everyone is sitting around waiting to trip people that walk by. That takes no skill. If everyone did that, there would be no game; it would just be everyone sitting around ADS'd until the timer runs out. If I want to sit around waiting for my opponent's next move, I'll play chess.
---
If it's true that we learn from our mistakes, then I should be a frickin' genius by now.
#57eddiethemcPosted 2/14/2013 5:46:40 PM
If aggressively rushing is a "disadvantageous" tactic then I'll take an exciting underdog tactic over a boring "effective" tactic. No win is as satisfying as the win you had to try for. My two cents.
---
Acceptance is the final stage to everything.
#58Sega9599Posted 2/14/2013 5:52:17 PM
Buried_Bones posted...
In all honesty it is all about getting out of the city. Sometimes it is just super relaxing to head up to the mountains and fish and hunt. It can be work sometimes setting up, maintaining firewood and stuff, and taking down. I enjoy all the entire experience though. The stars at night, the wildlife, campfires, getting away from all the people. and smores FTW. All in all I think it is just a good healthy relaxing getaway. Not everyone's cup of tea though.

Quite possibly, the best response the thread has ever seen.
---
Waiting for Mirrors Edge 2 and a new 'proper' Shining Force.
#59Overd0sPosted 2/15/2013 12:32:16 PM
roach06 posted...
Confirmed Camper.

People camp because they dont have the gun-skill to move and kill at the same time. End of story.

I complain about campers not because they kill me (because most of the time, they dont), its because they think they are good when they are not. If you have a 2kd, but a 300SPM...your a terrible player and will get rocked by anyone decent.

In this post I am a terrible player for playing search and TDM...
---
Vote for my new sig:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/669289-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/65284548
#60roach06Posted 2/15/2013 12:45:04 PM
Overd0s posted...
roach06 posted...
Confirmed Camper.

In this post I am a terrible player for playing search and TDM...

SnD SPM doesnt count lol

although you should still have around a 300spm in TDM.
---
GT: Roach4488
https://elite.callofduty.com/player/hq/xbox/54d10030cc86b1b90fcd5a1b3afeb1b6