I don't understand why BO2 maps have oldschool camping positions.

#1Soul_On_DisplayPosted 2/11/2013 1:42:57 PM
Say what you want about MW3 maps, and I agree that they do suck, but at least they completely lacked any decent camping locations, give or take a few spots. I mean spots that have 360 degrees of cover and that have limited entrances, 1-3. Most likely rooms and such. I had many issues in MW3, but campers were surprisingly not one of them.

People feel like there are so many camping countermeasures, but aside from equipment destruction, the camping basics are still there thanks to strong camping positions. So long as we have indestructible walls and limited entrances to bottleneck players AND provide predictable points of enemy contact, the camper in the room will always have the advantage. He/she will always be a step ahead in the aiming and could be virtually unbeatable if he/she knows what they are doing.

Why even bother include camping positions? I can even understand headglitching, though annoying. But camper rooms or other similar positions? Those provide individual benefits, not really team based. In modes like FFA, the camping is probably where it's at its worst. Please, someone give me a good reason why we need these positions.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance || 3DS FC: 4012-3485-5071
~TL;DR? Don't care.~ || ~ World's #1 Camper Hater ~
#2GTHehateme23Posted 2/11/2013 2:07:36 PM
Do you have an example??

I don't think there are any more camping positions in this game than in previous titles.

There are always multiple entrances in any building/room.