How to do well on Nuketown.

#1ihaveyahooraresPosted 2/11/2013 10:04:12 PM
Avoid the Objectives
Headglitch or spawn camp with your LMG.

That's it. That's all you have to do....

I was really expecting a fun shotgun map, maybe tons of tryhards with SMGs, or whatever.. The few times I played it in BO1, that's what it seemed to be.

Nope. It turned from a First Person Shooter to a 'First Person Lob-Whatever-Is-In-Your-Pockets' since it's just nonstop grenades flying... Then everyone laying places with LMGs with Target Finders and/or FMJ. Literally the easiest map to do well on when you avoid the objectives.

And yes, sniperfrog is in this map... You're playing HQ and up 80 points? OK! Here, the enemy is going to CONTINUE to spawn right next to the HQ for the rest of the match now. Doesn't matter if your whole team is in the house next to it and you're currently capping it. SURPRISE! Here they all are...
#2AlexanaxelaPosted 2/11/2013 11:26:23 PM
nuketown has always been a map about controlling the middle and spawn trapping the opponent on one side of the map
---
Maybe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfewtndGnCY
#3ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 11:36:55 PM
It has been that, but the spawns are WTF stupid. I mean. The HQ is in front of the one house, my whole team is capping and has one in the back of the house. POOF! All 6 enemies come running right out of their spawn and take us all out... Each time. Once we got the good lead that's all that happened. If there was a spawn close to the HQ, that's usually where the enemy spawned. Hell, 2 of my kills were me spawning, shooting 2 enemies who just spawned where I did, then getting shot in the back by 3 enemies since I somehow spawned in the midst of them spawning there...

I don't really get why people like the map at all.
#4hyperpowderPosted 2/12/2013 12:10:27 AM
ihaveyahoorares posted...
It has been that, but the spawns are WTF stupid. I mean. The HQ is in front of the one house, my whole team is capping and has one in the back of the house. POOF! All 6 enemies come running right out of their spawn and take us all out... Each time. Once we got the good lead that's all that happened. If there was a spawn close to the HQ, that's usually where the enemy spawned. Hell, 2 of my kills were me spawning, shooting 2 enemies who just spawned where I did, then getting shot in the back by 3 enemies since I somehow spawned in the midst of them spawning there...

You just got to get a feel as to when the spawns are about to flip. Nuketown is easy mode once you figure out the spawns. I find it the easiest map to play the objective tbh.

And you must have never played the original black ops nuketown back when everyone had tracs and grenades. There are far less grenade spams in this game.plus use tac mask and flak
---
Psn:djcinthaboy
http://i55.tinypic.com/358ysnc.jpg
#5billableskillsPosted 2/12/2013 12:11:46 AM
Avoid the Objectives
Headglitch or spawn camp with your LMG.

That's it. That's all you have to do....

I was really expecting a fun shotgun map, maybe tons of tryhards with SMGs, or whatever.. The few times I played it in BO1, that's what it seemed to be.

Nope. It turned from a First Person Shooter to a 'First Person Lob-Whatever-Is-In-Your-Pockets' since it's just nonstop grenades flying... Then everyone laying places with LMGs with Target Finders and/or FMJ. Literally the easiest map to do well on when you avoid the objectives.

And yes, sniperfrog is in this map... You're playing HQ and up 80 points? OK! Here, the enemy is going to CONTINUE to spawn right next to the HQ for the rest of the match now. Doesn't matter if your whole team is in the house next to it and you're currently capping it. SURPRISE! Here they all are...

I can attest to this!
https://twitter.com/JohnMitchell603/status/301218564214517760/photo/1
66-1 on Nuketown with Target Finder on LSAT
---
Gamertag = o CYB0RG o
#6ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 12:12:29 AM
hyperpowder posted...

You just got to get a feel as to when the spawns are about to flip. Nuketown is easy mode once you figure out the spawns. I find it the easiest map to play the objective tbh.

And you must have never played the original black ops nuketown back when everyone had tracs and grenades. There are far less grenade spams in this game.plus use tac mask and flak

Ok, so you're telling me the spawns will flip when my team has almost captured the HQ (or right as we capped it)? Even with my whole entire team right near that house, including a guy watching the spawn to let us know when it does flip?

That makes no sense. Not 1 guy towards their side of the map then BOOM! They all spawn behind us.
#7hyperpowderPosted 2/12/2013 12:28:11 AM
hyperpowder posted...

Ok, so you're telling me the spawns will flip when my team has almost captured the HQ (or right as we capped it)? Even with my whole entire team right near that house, including a guy watching the spawn to let us know when it does flip?

That makes no sense. Not 1 guy towards their side of the map then BOOM! They all spawn behind us.

I didn't say the spawns wasn't bad, they are and headquarters is the worst. But even then you can still predict the spawns.

Like if you're capping the headquarters by A in the garage. If nobody is in the backyard and every one on your team is in the garage/house the enemy will spawn right behind you. You just have to read the radar, notice where your teammates are positioned on the map/where they're spawning.
---
#8ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 12:31:21 AM
hyperpowder posted...
hyperpowder posted...

I didn't say the spawns wasn't bad, they are and headquarters is the worst. But even then you can still predict the spawns.

Like if you're capping the headquarters by A in the garage. If nobody is in the backyard and every one on your team is in the garage/house the enemy will spawn right behind you. You just have to read the radar, notice where your teammates are positioned on the map/where they're spawning.

So, I can predict when all my teammates are near the HQ and even covering the spawn in the back that they will spawn in the back?
#9hyperpowderPosted 2/12/2013 12:33:11 AM
hyperpowder posted...
hyperpowder posted...

So, I can predict when all my teammates are near the HQ and even covering the spawn in the back that they will spawn in the back?

Does you're game not have a radar?
---