So the MTAR is supposed to be the same weapon as the TAR-21 from MW2?

#1shadowsofdawnPosted 2/12/2013 8:35:37 AM
Then why is it so different?

TAR-21 was high power, high recoil (relative the amount of recoil other guns had), and had sexy irons.

MTAR is low power, lowish recoil, and has that terrible circle iron sight.

:(
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#2unpleasant_milkPosted 2/12/2013 8:39:19 AM
no.

One is called TAR-21

the other is called MTAR

are you saying the BMW 7 series is the same as the 3 series, because it says BMW on the badge?
---
GT unpleasant milk
Pepsi is disgusting, and dubstep is a good way to ruin a song.
#3shadowsofdawn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 8:41:34 AM
Yet in the patch notes it calls the MTAR the TAR-21.

#SWAG
---
.||
#4shadowsofdawn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 8:45:04 AM
Nevermind looked it up myself. MTAR is a micro variant of the TAR, which uses a smaller ammo type and has increased fire rate and accuracy.

TOo bad we got the s***ty micro version and not the MW2 variant.
---
.||
#5ICantNameGudPosted 2/12/2013 8:47:35 AM
shadowsofdawn posted...
Nevermind looked it up myself. MTAR is a micro variant of the TAR, which uses a smaller ammo type and has increased fire rate and accuracy.

That would have been the best AR no contest though. The MTAR is good for this game!
---
I' gonna startin' about fit'na start fin'tn about. Feel me?
~My friend Billy's stance on wanting a shot of Bacardi
#6NidtendofreakPosted 2/12/2013 8:49:20 AM
Its not the MW2 beast of a weapon, but its still very good and frankly often underrated. Its actually the best of the naturally fully-auto ARs. FAL is obviously better, as are the SMR and M8A1. I personally group the M8A1, SWAT, MTAR, and Type-25 all really close together, with it going M8A1 > MTAR => Type-25 => SWAT. And then you have the poor, poor M27 at the bottom, wishing its niche role actually meant something in this game.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#7ZephyrSSXPosted 2/12/2013 8:50:53 AM
shadowsofdawn posted...

The MTAR isn't a crappy version of the TAR-21.

The MTAR has superior maneuverability, a faster fire rate, and better accuracy. It can also be converted from the standard 5.56 round (which is the same as the larger TAR-21) to the 9mm Parabellum round.

It's a superior weapon in pretty much every way in a tinier package.
---
Done trolling. Time to grow up.
#8shadowsofdawn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 8:55:11 AM
ZephyrSSX posted...
shadowsofdawn posted...

The MTAR has superior maneuverability, a faster fire rate, and better accuracy. It can also be converted from the standard 5.56 round (which is the same as the larger TAR-21) to the 9mm Parabellum round.

From what I read, the TAR-21 uses 5.56 x 45 mm while the MTAR uses 5.56 x 30 mm. The MTAR might very well be a superior actual weapon, but I miss the attributes of the TAR from MW2.
---
.||
#9ZephyrSSXPosted 2/12/2013 8:58:38 AM
shadowsofdawn posted...
ZephyrSSX posted...
shadowsofdawn posted...

From what I read, the TAR-21 uses 5.56 x 45 mm while the MTAR uses 5.56 x 30 mm. The MTAR might very well be a superior actual weapon, but I miss the attributes of the TAR from MW2.

Both the TAR-21 and MTAR use the 5.56 x 45. The Zittara variant of the MTAR uses the 5.56 x 30 round.

The MTAR is just a tinier gun. Really shows off the ingenuity of Israeli engineers.
---
Done trolling. Time to grow up.
#10ihaveyahooraresPosted 2/12/2013 9:01:36 AM
TAR-21 was my favorite gun in MW2 and probably the only gun I really used...

MTAR is just pure crap in here. Hate the gun. Can't wait to finish it's challenges.