The M8A1 is everything the SWAT wishes it could be

#71RS_YELARAKAPosted 2/12/2013 4:45:25 PM
GreatKiraLord posted...
chessmyantidrug posted...
Made_of_fail posted...
Sorry dude but the Swat is just bad. I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you. The delay between bursts will get you killed if you miss. Deal with it.

Missing shots with any weapon will get you killed.

Missing with the M8 is far more forgiving than missing with the SWAT.

How so? more bullets that are weaker vs less bullets that are stronger.... by the time you hit with enough bullets from the M8 if you miss you could have landed 2 bursts from the SWAT if you missed a bullet or 2 the first time.
---
GamerTag - YELARAKA (LeAdEr Of Da ReDsKrEeN kLaN)
YouTube Channel - TKING8011
#72RS_YELARAKAPosted 2/12/2013 4:50:01 PM
the_reaper849 posted...
m8 needs a dam/range boost.

ive shot people who arent moving in the head and they still didnt die in one burst.

Did this yesterday. I was probably 10 feet away in terms of in game distance. Guy was not moving. I stopped and took aim at head. Fired 1 burst.... then 2.... then 3. Guy lived. If nobody believes me I could find said game and post vid.
---
GamerTag - YELARAKA (LeAdEr Of Da ReDsKrEeN kLaN)
YouTube Channel - TKING8011
#73lolcharizardPosted 2/12/2013 5:00:37 PM
The G11 is everything the M8 wishes it could be.
---
TRY TO REMEMBER THE BASICS OF CQC
#74supercoolisaacPosted 2/12/2013 5:17:35 PM
gameflak posted...
supercoolisaac posted...
competitively the M8 is hands down the better gun.

in public matches i think the swat is far superior.

So, why the discrepancy? I mean there must be some factor involved here that makes one clearly better in one environment vs. the other.

In competitive play:

A much larger percentage of gunfights are in close range due to players being able to better navigate the map and stay out of long sight lines.

More players drop shot and "halo jump" making it more difficult to keep your aim on target in 1 v 1 gunfights.

Public matches:

I can take a little more time to line up shots because the players aren't as good. Meaning i can usually 1 burst at whatever range.

I can make full use of the fact that it has better ammo conservation than the M8.

hope that clears it up somewhat.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#75fatclemenzaPosted 2/12/2013 5:24:59 PM

What about a sweaty pub match where you're playing against competent people?
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#76supercoolisaacPosted 2/12/2013 5:48:22 PM
fatclemenza posted...

What about a sweaty pub match where you're playing against competent people?

msmc :3
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#77gameflakPosted 2/12/2013 6:48:17 PM
supercoolisaac posted...
gameflak posted...
supercoolisaac posted...
competitively the M8 is hands down the better gun.

in public matches i think the swat is far superior.

So, why the discrepancy? I mean there must be some factor involved here that makes one clearly better in one environment vs. the other.

In competitive play:

A much larger percentage of gunfights are in close range due to players being able to better navigate the map and stay out of long sight lines.

More players drop shot and "halo jump" making it more difficult to keep your aim on target in 1 v 1 gunfights.

Public matches:

I can take a little more time to line up shots because the players aren't as good. Meaning i can usually 1 burst at whatever range.

I can make full use of the fact that it has better ammo conservation than the M8.

Yeah, I think so.
It sounds like what you're saying is that the M8 is better in closer range engagements, where more of the firefights occur in competitive play. Which would make total sense assuming you're not using select fire on either gun.
---
If it's true that we learn from our mistakes, then I should be a frickin' genius by now.
#78EssDizzlePosted 2/12/2013 6:48:41 PM
Nlah
#79Telvanni_guardPosted 2/12/2013 8:09:21 PM
"SWAT never takes more than 4 shots to kill, M8 has a pitiful 3 hit kill range
M8 has worse penetration. SWAT does higher damage per bullet for a longer distance.
M8 beats swat in Rof (in burst mode) but still has a lower ttk because it takes more bullets to kill outside of close mid range."

I know private matches aren't real matches... but go into a private match and fiddle around with the ranges of the guns.

Man... the M8A1's one burst really drops off. Does that thing even get a headshot multiplier?

And the SWAT's ROF isn't really as bad as people say it is. It's enough to keep up with other ARs at the same range at least.
---
GamerTag: Te1vanni Guard
"Telvanni you would disprove everyone. :D"- Saint_of_Misery