Why do people say EMP > Black Hat?

#1HHH is the gamePosted 2/12/2013 3:19:03 PM
Black Hat gets you to hack two equipment which usually nets you a kill. EMP Grenade can destroy more than one at once (And with engineer both are awesome) but the thing is I rarely ever see more than at max 2 items in one place, and usually there isnt even that.
---
Shelton undoubtedly wants Cena's championship belt. And Cena undoubtedly wants Shelton's black heritage.- looseiver
#2fatclemenzaPosted 2/12/2013 3:21:23 PM
Because EMP:

-disables HUD
-disables optics
-instantly destroys streaks
-gives points for EMP assist on players
-has an insane radius
-can be thrown
-more things I can't remember

Meanwhile, Blackhat tells the other guy you hacked his equipment. How stupid.
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#3chessmyantidrugPosted 2/12/2013 3:21:27 PM
What difference does it make if you don't see more than two equipment in one spot? That EMP grenade will destroy the equipment and affect whoever is camping. If you don't kill them, you'll get 50 points for an EMP assist.

Also, I haven't heard of someone using a Black Hat PDA to destroy a Hunter Killer.
#4brawl4funPosted 2/12/2013 3:22:09 PM
Sure hacking a Betty/Claymore and killing the user is fun.

But being able to disable player's HUDs, destroy equipment, destroy most scorestreaks, and a large AOE? That s*** is awesome. Also, they work faster than hacking with a Black Hat, which is another plus I guess.
---
GT: PeskyBurrito2 Honk Honk!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QcbvM0Ng1w
#5brawl4funPosted 2/12/2013 3:22:34 PM
fatclemenza posted...
Because EMP:

-disables HUD
-disables optics
-has an insane radius
-can be thrown

Damn you..ninjas EVERYWHERE!
---
GT: PeskyBurrito2 Honk Honk!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QcbvM0Ng1w
#6OrlandoMagicianPosted 2/12/2013 3:23:06 PM
To start, Black Hats are a one time use.

Second, they can take down air support and UAVs, but it's a long time to be left defenseless. You also have to be relatively close to hack something like a sentry gun and have the crosshair in plain sight. It may be me, but it seems like the range of the Black Hat and use through walls took a severe hit since the last big patch.
#7HHH is the game(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 3:28:31 PM
It doesnt matter if you tell the GUY you hacked him, most likely one of his team-mates will trip it since you essentially get two extra bouncing bettys/claymores. In free-for-all it's even better.

EMP kills scorestreaks? What does this mean? Doesnt the black hat also do this? Plus the air support ones (IM assuming scorestreaks means dragonfire, RC car, etc). The EMP cant take out choppers and stuff as far as I know.

And anyways the black hat can go through walls too. I rarely ever see a bunch of items in one place which would make the EMP good.
---
Shelton undoubtedly wants Cena's championship belt. And Cena undoubtedly wants Shelton's black heritage.- looseiver
#8puzzlefitePosted 2/12/2013 3:30:19 PM
OrlandoMagician posted...
To start, Black Hats are a one time use.

Second, they can take down air support and UAVs, but it's a long time to be left defenseless. You also have to be relatively close to hack something like a sentry gun and have the crosshair in plain sight. It may be me, but it seems like the range of the Black Hat and use through walls took a severe hit since the last big patch.

No, you can hack without line of sight. One strategy is start hacking, then move behind cover. As long as you don't move out of range you're fine. Much easier if you have Engineer equipped.
---
Gamertag: Crash Geom
#9ZephyrSSXPosted 2/12/2013 3:32:15 PM(edited)
fatclemenza posted...
Because EMP:

-disables HUD
-disables optics
-has an insane radius
-can be thrown

All of this, in addition to the fact they're far faster than a Black Hat.

The Black Hat is only good for trying to get kills on someone with their own equipment. You might think that blowing up UAV's and other aerial streaks is useful but it takes longer than if you just carried a launcher around. Launcher + EMP grenades = lolol equipment and streaks.
---
Done trolling. Time to grow up.
#10HHH is the game(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 3:31:55 PM
Also besides air support and sentry guns the black hat works faster than EMP...it basically works instantly and with the EMP you have to get to a good point to throw it.
---