Why do people say EMP > Black Hat?

#61__redxiii__Posted 2/13/2013 11:06:10 AM
Telvanni_guard posted...
"Hacking the equipment prompts the person that their equipment was hacked."

Hostiles have destroyed your equipment.
Boooshhh.

I threw a care package yesterday on Hardcore and a sentry gun was in it. I was fiddling around with EMP grenades instead of Black Hats. I had many regrets.

PS: You can shoot Hellstorms out of the sky as long as they haven't split.

Yea but it's easier to throw an emp in their direction, I'm gonna test out black hats on hellstorm later. "Hostiles have destroyed your equipment" isn't the same thing. They're typically sitting close to their equipment and if you hit them with an emp the reaction is usally "wow, g** EMP!" but if someone hacks your equipment it typically means they're going to try to sneak up on you.
#62Telvanni_guardPosted 2/13/2013 11:13:01 AM
"'Hostiles have destroyed your equipment' isn't the same thing. They're typically sitting close to their equipment and if you hit them with an emp the reaction is usally 'wow, g** EMP!' but if someone hacks your equipment it typically means they're going to try to sneak up on you."

I can sorta see where you're going with that but typically when someone destroys the things you have set up, you start looking that way to make sure no one is coming up to you. If people are being aware, which they usually aren't if they have equips set up, they may just see the EMP grenade flying in from a direction and start aiming there.

Not saying the Black Hats are better, per se, but they do have their uses. And I find them somewhat better on classes where I'm not using fast hands. Feels like those EMPs take forever to throw.
---
GamerTag: Te1vanni Guard
"Telvanni you would disprove everyone. :D"- Saint_of_Misery