Does anyone else feel like toughness is the new Stopping Power?

#1Cheko2015Posted 2/12/2013 9:08:23 PM
As far as perk necessity goes. Its probably not THAT bad at least as bad what SP did for perk balance but I find myself disadvantaged when I dont use it. It feels like its too great a price to give up for the other tier 2 perks anyways which is too bad because I would use scavenger and cold blooded or even fast hands a lot more often. Instead most of my classes have toughness blanketed across them. Perk 1 and 3 has a great variety across the board though.
---
Convictioniist "Sigs: Serious Business"
#2SPARTAN-034Posted 2/12/2013 9:10:14 PM
ive been getting swarms, dogs, vsats, lodestars, and all that fun stuff using scavenger. toughness is not needed. Just all the "pros" with smgs will tell you that you need it
---
GamerTag: A Fluffy Lombax
I'll give you 3 words why the PS2 is a great console. Ratchet, Jak, and Sly.
#3ICantNameGudPosted 2/12/2013 9:11:36 PM
On SMGs and snipers, arguably LMGs. On most AR's and all shotguns the other perks are a better choice, IMO
---
I' gonna startin' about fit'na start fin'tn about. Feel me?
~My friend Billy's stance on wanting a shot of Bacardi
#4shadowsofdawnPosted 2/12/2013 9:14:15 PM
It makes any mid or long range gun fight in your favor, but its just not as good as scavenger imo. The abilty to litter the ground with betties and spam EMp grenades ultimately gives me way more score than those 2 gun battles where I won because of toughness.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#5ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/12/2013 9:15:52 PM
SPARTAN-034 posted...
ive been getting swarms, dogs, vsats, lodestars, and all that fun stuff using scavenger. toughness is not needed. Just all the "pros" with smgs will tell you that you need it

I can still do well in CoD4 without SP...the whole "I can do well without _____" argument doesn't really work. Obviously nothing in CoD is literally necessary to the point where you CAN'T do well without it. But some things are necessary in the sense that if you're playing someone of equal ability, and one person is using the "necessary perk" and the other isn't, the person using the perk will almost always come out on top.

As for whether that's the case with Toughness...I'm not entirely sure.
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#6ihaveyahooraresPosted 2/12/2013 9:16:20 PM
I just don't like how I can put 3 bullets into a Sniper for him to barely flinch and get a lucky ass shot off.

I don't really use Toughness at all honestly.
#7supercoolisaacPosted 2/12/2013 9:17:06 PM
Yep. It's the best perk in the game.

And it shouldn't be in the game.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#8Astro_B0mbPosted 2/12/2013 9:17:13 PM
Fmj is the new SP, it increases bullet damage.
---
.:The Elite Connection:.
#9ICantNameGudPosted 2/12/2013 9:17:23 PM
shadowsofdawn posted...
It makes any mid or long range gun fight in your favor, but its just not as good as scavenger imo. The abilty to litter the ground with betties and spam EMp grenades ultimately gives me way more score than those 2 gun battles where I won because of toughness.

Yeah I find myself killing unaware/slow people without getting shot and using two grenades more than dying from flinch and not my own error/chance without toughness.
---
I' gonna startin' about fit'na start fin'tn about. Feel me?
~My friend Billy's stance on wanting a shot of Bacardi
#10fatclemenzaPosted 2/12/2013 9:26:41 PM
Toughness flinch needs to be default. Toughness should then eliminate all flinch.
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won