Does anyone else feel like toughness is the new Stopping Power?

#11thelightnessPosted 2/13/2013 1:01:00 AM
fatclemenza posted...
Toughness flinch needs to be default. Toughness should then eliminate all flinch.

Does anyone know if normal flinch was purposely toned up in this game due to the addition of Toughness?

I'm pretty certain that ADS speed has all been lowered since MW3 due to Stalker and now Stock. Another reason why whomever thought to make the normal playing experience worse because of the addition of new features needs to be fired.
#12Aether_LyricPosted 2/13/2013 1:12:15 AM
fatclemenza posted...
Toughness flinch needs to be default. Toughness should then eliminate all flinch.

How much I would love this to happen..

I'm curious to see a developer explain why flinch should be in the game. It does nothing except frustate people and make gunfights more inconsistent
#13AldousIsDeadPosted 2/13/2013 1:20:59 AM
I've been running LMGs religiously lately, and I can't live without it there.

On ARs and SMGs, Eh, I really like Scavenger, Fast Hands, or running t2 perkless there. I feel like I get the drop on people so much more often that the benefit of Toughness is somewhat lessened.
---
In simplicity, utility. Through utility, simplicity.
#14hyperpowderPosted 2/13/2013 1:21:19 AM
supercoolisaac posted...
Yep. It's the best perk in the game.

And it shouldn't be in the game.

Agreed, they should have it as a default along with quickdraw/stalker.

No reason these should be perks/attachments
---
Psn:djcinthaboy
http://i55.tinypic.com/358ysnc.jpg
#15Aether_LyricPosted 2/13/2013 1:34:01 AM
hyperpowder posted...
supercoolisaac posted...
Yep. It's the best perk in the game.

And it shouldn't be in the game.

Agreed, they should have it as a default along with quickdraw/stalker.

No reason these should be perks/attachments

Stalker/Stock being default would be the worst thing ever, hit detection is bad enough
#16RandomTrampPosted 2/13/2013 2:24:48 AM
Yeah, I won't play without Toughness except for Shotguns and certain SMG set-ups. The flinch is disgusting in this game and Toughness probably saves me at least twice per typical 10+ streak.

I know other perks would supply some benefit in its stead (infinite C4!), but I know which perk gets me to VSAT most often and that's Toughness, by far.
#17USA_ScopesPosted 2/13/2013 5:12:35 AM
Toughness is one of those perks that you don't need to use unless your enemies are using toughness, then it's vital. For that reason, I have toughness on almost every class. I hate view kick.
---
USA 4 LYFE
#18darkshadowmasterPosted 2/13/2013 5:13:44 AM
Astro_B0mb posted...
Fmj is the new SP, it increases bullet damage.

This is more like it
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#19fatclemenzaPosted 2/13/2013 5:26:38 AM
Does anyone know if normal flinch was purposely toned up in this game due to the addition of Toughness?

It was jacked up several levels between WaW and MW2. I wouldn't be surprised if it was higher in this game, since they slowed climb speed without Dexterity.
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#20DarxidePosted 2/13/2013 6:44:37 AM
Aether_Lyric posted...
fatclemenza posted...

How much I would love this to happen..

I'm curious to see a developer explain why flinch should be in the game. It does nothing except frustate people and make gunfights more inconsistent

Because there should be a penalty for being hit by bullets besides damage, since bullets are not really all that fatal in this game. You can move pretty freely while being hit, which is ridiculous.

People complain about CoD becoming more casual, but yet, want more casual elements.