Do you think silencer is too good?

#21EvelSaiyanPosted 2/21/2013 11:20:32 AM
Oblivion_Slayer posted...
tagret findr is to good need to be baned put up site adn BAM dimend on ur head BAm ur deed so op

wat

Only thing better than target finder is having it on a gold gun. That's how you know the player is good.
---
I was hiding under your porch because I love you.
#22TheohazardPosted 2/21/2013 5:24:57 PM
gameflak posted...
The only thing that increases range with a longer barrel is rifling in that extra length. So, there's no way a suppressor could increase range. In fact, in all probability it reduces range, because the suppressor causes the bullet to travel slower than the speed of sound, which is how a suppressor works. So the in-game mechanics work exactly as they're supposed to; by reducing range and thereby reducing damage at range.

Modern detachable suppressors don't slow the bullet down at all. In fact, the pressure waves inside the suppressor often can give you a small increase in bullet velocity called "suppressor boost".
---
0331: "If you run, you'll only die tired."
#23youNmeGirlPosted 2/21/2013 5:26:20 PM
This CQC dominated game? Maybe.
If it had maps BF3's then hell no as the range nerfs are huge game-changing factors.
#24SpinalsniperPosted 2/21/2013 10:34:43 PM
Theohazard posted...
Spinalsniper posted...
I see your point...here's mine. The barrel is longer with a suppressor than without. Hence why it should increase range *depending on how it's made. Some are made with riffling too.

Rsix3 did this in their game

Sure, I don't care if you want to do this for game purposes. I thought you wanted to do this for realism purposes. And as far as realism goes, you were were wrong about both the range and accuracy.

And the suppressors you're referring to that have rifling, those are integral suppressors that are built over part of the existing barrel; holes are cut into the barrel to slow the bullet's acceleration and begin the process of quieting the gasses. This is how the MP5SD's suppressor works and it slows the bullet down and gives you much LESS range.

Modern suppressors that are designed to fit on the the end of the gun don't have rifling and therefore don't extend effective barrel length.

The more and more I think about this...I think you are right. Integrally suppressed (suppressor built into the barrel) was what I imagine I was thinking about.
---
I don't feed trolls and I don't read spam!
Gamer tag: Spinal101
#25Soul_On_DisplayPosted 2/21/2013 10:46:35 PM
No, it is not too good. It can even be too much of a drawback when with certain guns.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance || 3DS FC: 4012-3485-5071
~TL;DR? Don't care.~ || ~ World's #1 Camper Hater ~
#26BS_Infinite(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 12:22:25 PM
Soul_On_Display posted...
No, it is not too good. It can even be too much of a drawback when with certain guns.

Like which guns?