I feel video games shouldn't be Patched every 5 weeks -_-

#1Teh_5_StarzPosted 2/13/2013 9:19:41 PM
Seriously activision, hire some good QA testers or release a beta instead of making us the testers post launch and switching $*** up on us. Seriously, just cause cry babies cry, i suddenly have to adjust to a whole new list of crap.

Meanwhile, this game still lags and tranzit untouchable glitches remain unfixed.

C'mon son

/rant
---
GT: DJ Willie Vee
Offer DLC? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ
#2Who_ate_the_piePosted 2/13/2013 9:25:11 PM(edited)
I like how this game has had so many patches and still has a ton of problems, while all MW2 needed was a couple patches to make it great and it only got one.
---
I don't care.
#3KirbixPosted 2/13/2013 9:25:56 PM
Try playing one the MOBAs.

Patches are weekly, and after a month away you come back and it's basically a different game.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#4CammyApplePosted 2/13/2013 9:29:22 PM
Who_ate_the_pie posted...
I like how this game has had so many patches and still has a ton of problems, while all MW2 needed was a couple patches to make it great and it only got one.

A shame the Javelin and CP glitch took over a month each to remedy.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#5CalvinCandiePosted 2/13/2013 9:30:54 PM
This game needs a patch every 5 days, that's how bad it is.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdba4b2eMJ1r5k6oio1_500.gif
#6SullyTheStrangePosted 2/13/2013 9:31:28 PM
Let's try to dumb this down for the non-programmer, shall we?

Glitches can be impossibly complicated to fix sometimes. It can be a single misplaced character in thousands upon thousands of lines of code. Or it could require rewriting a few thousand of those lines in a completely new way because the old one couldn't account for an extremely specific set of circumstances that was later found and exploited. If they don't fix a major glitch in a week, generally it's not because they're sitting on their ass. Why not do that before launch? They DO. But they can't catch everything.

As for balancing patches, there are so many variables going into a game like this that you can't just SEE what's wrong at a glance. You need weeks and months of testing and collecting and analyzing data to decide that MAYBE a certain gun is 2% too powerful. Why not do that before launch? They DO. But they can't catch everything.

This is all coming from a guy who is pretty sick of Blops 2 at this point, so don't take me as a fanboy who thinks Treyarch is infallible. But I'm also a programmer and I understand that the massive scope of the multiplayer is ridiculously complex, far moreso than some kid sitting on the outside will ever understand.

In the end I'd much prefer a patch than a developer releasing a game and saying "welp, we gave it our best shot" and leaving it at that.

/seriousresponse
---
All's fair in love and war, kid.
#7TheFeshPincePosted 2/13/2013 9:38:57 PM
sounds good, son.
---
You wanna make me a sandwich?
#8Teh_5_Starz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 9:52:22 PM
SullyTheStrange posted...
Let's try to dumb this down for the non-programmer, shall we?

Glitches can be impossibly complicated to fix sometimes. It can be a single misplaced character in thousands upon thousands of lines of code. Or it could require rewriting a few thousand of those lines in a completely new way because the old one couldn't account for an extremely specific set of circumstances that was later found and exploited. If they don't fix a major glitch in a week, generally it's not because they're sitting on their ass. Why not do that before launch? They DO. But they can't catch everything.

As for balancing patches, there are so many variables going into a game like this that you can't just SEE what's wrong at a glance. You need weeks and months of testing and collecting and analyzing data to decide that MAYBE a certain gun is 2% too powerful. Why not do that before launch? They DO. But they can't catch everything.

This is all coming from a guy who is pretty sick of Blops 2 at this point, so don't take me as a fanboy who thinks Treyarch is infallible. But I'm also a programmer and I understand that the massive scope of the multiplayer is ridiculously complex, far moreso than some kid sitting on the outside will ever understand.

In the end I'd much prefer a patch than a developer releasing a game and saying "welp, we gave it our best shot" and leaving it at that.

/seriousresponse

Sorry to piss in your egotistic cornflakes, but im not talking about glitches, im talking about petty gun patches

Anyway, i still think a public beta would fix this issue
---
GT: DJ Willie Vee
Offer DLC? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ
#9SullyTheStrangePosted 2/13/2013 9:56:15 PM
Teh_5_Starz posted...
Sorry to piss in your egotistic cornflakes, but im not talking about glitches

Teh_5_Starz posted...
Meanwhile, this game still lags and tranzit untouchable glitches remain unfixed

Attention span so short you forgot what you posted?

Either way, my post applies to balancing patches too. You'd know that if you read more than two sentences.
---
All's fair in love and war, kid.
#10pballer86Posted 2/13/2013 9:59:42 PM
What frustrates me the most is even with all the patches and hot fixes, the lag gets worse than before...every time..
---
GT: threefiftyzzz