I feel video games shouldn't be Patched every 5 weeks -_-

#31Gray_wolf1119Posted 2/14/2013 1:48:54 PM
SullyTheStrange posted...
supercoolruben posted...
There's not one single excuse you can make for them. They have people paid to test all this crap and they're horrible at their jobs.

And if the only thing you can say is "derp derp you just dont understand" then you're not worth my time.

You've got nothing.

Like I said earlier, Treyarch isn't infallible. They do mess up. But a single underpowered gun doesn't call for "OMG THESE GUYS ARE CLUELESS AND INCOMPETENT, THEY SHOULD GET A NEW JOB!"

Earlier you said they're paid to put out a finished product; unfortunately, that isn't true. They're paid to put out a product on time. They have a very strict deadline and I'm sure they have to cut some corners to get it all done. Balancing details are probably saved for last because they can be very easily adjusted through patches and hotfixes.

It's more important that the game works first. They don't have hordes of people being paid to test balance, they're paid to find and report glitches, test features, make sure the servers hold up, etc. You're throwing a hissy fit over a relatively microscopic part of the game that was easily adjusted later. I wasn't serious when I called you a kid before but you seriously sound like you're 10.

Here, in terms you can process: derp derp you just dont understand

How dare you use sound logic and reasoning on GameFAQs. How. Dare. You.
---
GT: Fang1192
www.Tvtropes.org
#32Sith JediPosted 2/14/2013 2:05:11 PM
Gray_wolf1119 posted...
supercoolruben posted...
There's not one single excuse you can make for them. They have people paid to test all this crap and they're horrible at their jobs.

And if the only thing you can say is "derp derp you just dont understand" then you're not worth my time.

You've got nothing.

Like I said earlier, Treyarch isn't infallible. They do mess up. But a single underpowered gun doesn't call for "OMG THESE GUYS ARE CLUELESS AND INCOMPETENT, THEY SHOULD GET A NEW JOB!"

Earlier you said they're paid to put out a finished product; unfortunately, that isn't true. They're paid to put out a product on time. They have a very strict deadline and I'm sure they have to cut some corners to get it all done. Balancing details are probably saved for last because they can be very easily adjusted through patches and hotfixes.

It's more important that the game works first. They don't have hordes of people being paid to test balance, they're paid to find and report glitches, test features, make sure the servers hold up, etc. You're throwing a hissy fit over a relatively microscopic part of the game that was easily adjusted later. I wasn't serious when I called you a kid before but you seriously sound like you're 10.

How dare you use sound logic and reasoning on GameFAQs. How. Dare. You.

And he STILL won't understand, I guarantee it.
#33supercoolrubenPosted 2/14/2013 2:16:03 PM
supercoolruben posted...

You've got nothing.

And i'm the one who's supposed to be 10. Good one.

There were tons of guns pre-patch that were underpowered.

KSG.
SMR.
M1216.
Executioner.
Swat.
Scar.
All LMGs.
MTAR.
M27.
Type-25

Seriously, take a handful of smart people from here and give us an hour or two and we could balance guns better than them.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
#34devilschain30Posted 2/14/2013 2:46:04 PM
Beta wont fix anything. These games, as mentioned, should be developed and put on shelves every 2-3 years, not every 1 year. these games are clearly unfinished, but at least treyarch cares about their community, unlike IW. Ohh noobtubes. How they could have been fixed. tsktsk
---
GT: Gods pudding
Check out my Youtube channel! It'll mean a lot to me! https://www.youtube.com/user/GodsPudding94?feature=mhee
#35Sith JediPosted 2/14/2013 2:47:16 PM
supercoolruben posted...
supercoolruben posted...

You've got nothing.

And i'm the one who's supposed to be 10. Good one.

There were tons of guns pre-patch that were underpowered.

KSG.
SMR.
M1216.
Executioner.
Swat.
Scar.
All LMGs.
MTAR.
M27.
Type-25

Seriously, take a handful of smart people from here and give us an hour or two and we could balance guns better than them.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

I did guarantee it.
#36Sith JediPosted 2/14/2013 2:51:08 PM
devilschain30 posted...
Beta wont fix anything. These games, as mentioned, should be developed and put on shelves every 2-3 years, not every 1 year. these games are clearly unfinished, but at least treyarch cares about their community, unlike IW. Ohh noobtubes. How they could have been fixed. tsktsk

They're already on a 2 year development cycle.
#37iiTryhardPosted 2/14/2013 2:52:40 PM
Kirbix posted...
Try playing one the MOBAs.

Patches are weekly, and after a month away you come back and everything good has been nerfed into oblivion.

FTFY
---
XBL: iiTryHaard
Yes, i i do try hard http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg
#38Sega9599Posted 2/14/2013 5:55:46 PM
supercoolruben posted...

You've got nothing.

You have to stop Sully. You're running our of reasonable logic. You've used so much in this thread that I fear for your general sanity here on the boards.
---
Waiting for Mirrors Edge 2 and a new 'proper' Shining Force.
#39elchris79Posted 2/14/2013 6:04:00 PM
Sully, I agree with the last dude. Stop trying to use logic.
T those idiots who disagree with him, consider REAL walks of life. Manufacturing, where a product is put out. Construction, where a building is put up. Those are pretty much always hit with delays. Do you think they wouldn't produce on time, IF they could then amend what they had done? Course they would. But they are real world products. You put a car out on time to wet a deadline, people die. You build a tower block, ignoring the fact you had to leave in a few reinforced concrete blocks which didn't hold stress as well they theoretically should have? People get flat.
Those industries WISH they could do what happens in games. Would you be happier if Activision came out and said 'hey guys, wait til February for a cod game just to shut you all up about fixes'? I seriously doubt it.
#40shadowsofdawnPosted 2/14/2013 6:07:31 PM
RockManX32 posted...
"OMG WHY WON'T THEY PATCH THIS GAME! IT'S SO BROKEN!!!!"

"OMG THEY PATCH SO MANY THINGS IT'S LIKE A NEW GAME!!! STOP IT!!!"

Whatever.

This. People gonna b**** no matter what you do.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||