Why Prestige??

#1sphixxPosted 2/14/2013 12:26:40 AM
No seriously, why? Iíve never heard anyone say Ďwow, youíre level 35 prestige 4!í. So you get a different emblem, big deal. The only upside is getting another Custom Class slot, but you can only use 1 class at a time on-screen and any decent player can switch their loadout between matches anyway, if they like a favourite class they can keep 4 and play around with the other. Thereíll always be someone better so why are we all prestiging after grinding through all the levels to then start all over again and losing all your equipment except one item. Just keep at the highest level 1st prestige and you have all the guns/perks & equipment you can possibly get anyway. Iím not the best player but Iím by no means the worst, I donít care about kd, I couldnít give a rodent's bottom for my win/loss. I play to enjoy myself and have a laugh, something a lot of people (mainly young children) on these boards seem to forget. I like using all the late guns and if I prestige I can only pick 1 until next time round? Screw that. Give me everything & Iím done.
If all youíre going to do is troll and hurl abuse then feck off to another thread, if you have something constructive to say, whether you agree with me or not, I welcome you. Children . . . itís past your bedtime, go and have your warm drinky and a cuddle with mummy.
#2supercoolrubenPosted 2/14/2013 12:28:27 AM
You can't unlock everything unless you get to master prestige,

Not enough unlock tokens.
#3sphixx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 12:33:46 AM
supercoolruben posted...

Good answer sir, thanks. But what if don't want to unlock everything? I absolutely have no intention of using the Executioner! I don't bother with Hard Wired, AND I'm not good enough to ever get Dogs or a Swarm!!
I appreciate your point, there are players who are good enough and DO want to use everything, so good for them.
#4natedude0903Posted 2/14/2013 12:34:56 AM
50 achievement points for the first prestige :)
---
GT: l DatAss l (those are L's)
http://www.youtube.com/user/nategypsy0903
#5DKryptonPosted 2/14/2013 1:14:57 AM
10 custom classes > 5 custom classes
---
GT: DiceyKrypton
#6Telvanni_guardPosted 2/14/2013 1:20:57 AM
Leveling up is a big reason I play the game. I enjoy unlocking things and gaining levels.

It's actually the reverse for me. I can see why people wouldn't want to prestige but I can't really see myself doing it.
---
GamerTag: Te1vanni Guard
"Telvanni you would disprove everyone. :D"- Saint_of_Misery
#7fallenKlNGPosted 2/14/2013 1:23:04 AM
I don't think most people prestige over and over because they care that much about the physical reward the game gives you. The reason is because we need a goal to work towards. Without a goal, you just kinda feel empty inside.

I'm not saying that Master Prestige is the only goal in this game. Other goals may involve improving stats, getting gold/diamond camos, or just having fun. Point is, getting to Master Prestige is one of the goals that many of us aim for, because it's these goals that make us want to keep playing.

Also, there's not too many consequences because once you've prestiged a few times, you'll have everything you need unlocked pretty early with the permanent unlock tokens. For me, the only thing I really needed to perma-unlock was the FAL and Scavenger. I use the PDW, Lightweight, Toughness, Engineer, and EMP nades, and all of these are unlocked early, so I have nothing to lose with prestiging.
---
Wait I got it! Super Mario 3D Land will be in California and Super Mario 3D World will be in Florida. Zing! ~AloofGuyXXVII
#8SpinalsniperPosted 2/14/2013 2:21:22 AM
sphixx posted...
supercoolruben posted...

Good answer sir, thanks. But what if don't want to unlock everything? I absolutely have no intention of using the Executioner! I don't bother with Hard Wired, AND I'm not good enough to ever get Dogs or a Swarm!!
I appreciate your point, there are players who are good enough and DO want to use everything, so good for them.

I stayed at level 55 for about a week before I started getting bored. Prestiging our weapons and levels are really a good way to promote replay value. Plus if you have a weapon or perk you really like you have the option to use a permanent unlock on it so you have it with you from then on.There are a lot of reasons to do this, but only a few not to.
---
If there are two evils, I'll try the one I haven't done yet.
Gamer tag: Spinal101
#9JonnywestsidePosted 2/14/2013 2:24:13 AM
I'm at Prestige 6 atm 10 custom classes and a refund token if I ever want to use something, not sure I'll go any further.
#10SpinalsniperPosted 2/14/2013 2:25:21 AM
Here's a great link telling you the pros and cons. Actually convinced me to prestige my weapons I've worked so hard on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythtuFoM1VE
---
If there are two evils, I'll try the one I haven't done yet.
Gamer tag: Spinal101