Id like to see a PDW nerf of some kind to be honest.

#121Faust_8Posted 2/16/2013 9:11:26 PM
Dr_Throatpunch posted...
All SMGs should be nerfed. There's no reason why an SMG should do more damage than an assault rifle at any range. Using an SMG should just make you more agile.

But whatever. No CoD will ever be as balanced as MW1 was.

What fatclemenza said: in the "most balanced" CoD the SMGs did either 40 or 30 max damage, just like the ARs. (And then there's the oddball Skorpion which did 50 damage within 5 meters.)

Heck there were two SMGs that did 40 damage but the only automatic ARs that did 40 were the AK47 and the joke tribute weapon MP44. So usually the SMGs beat or tied the ARs in term of damage.

It is totally balanced the SMGs kill quicker/easier in CQB than ARs do but the tradeoff is they are much worse at medium and beyond, and that much hasn't changed from CoD4 and BO2.

The problem is the cruddy, mostly-close-range maps that BO2 is full of. CoD4 had maps like Overgrown, Ambush, and Countdown that had lots of open spaces that weren't suited for SMGs, which is why SMGs didn't reign supreme in that game (though they were used often enough, just not overused).
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#122ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/16/2013 9:21:42 PM
Faust_8 posted...

The problem is the cruddy, mostly-close-range maps that BO2 is full of. CoD4 had maps like Overgrown, Ambush, and Countdown that had lots of open spaces that weren't suited for SMGs, which is why SMGs didn't reign supreme in that game (though they were used often enough, just not overused).

Hit the nail on the head. On maps like Vacant or Shipment, you'd always see SMGs. Know why? Not because they were OP, but because those maps were small and there were few long lines of sight. Well, in BO2, the majority of maps are that way. Obviously not as small as Shipment, but they're still small and offer relatively few long lines of sight compared to many of the maps in previous CoDs.

SMGs aren't the problem. The lack of diversity in the maps is the problem.
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#123CinderDragon77Posted 2/17/2013 12:35:38 AM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
CinderDragon77 posted...
RS_YELARAKA posted...
I have 6 fully leveled ARs with higher KDRs than my top SMG KDR. Why didnt you want to mention that stat? lol, oh yeah the obvious.... doesnt fit your argument ;)

Should really stop putting words into people's mouths, doesn't help your argument. The reason I didn't include it was because you're AR's have such a large margin lower kill-wise than your SMG's. Practically anyone could have a 2+k/d easily if they barely use a weapon, doesn't make SMG's any less broken(I'm positive that 99% of the community wouldn't be using so extensively otherwise) which is the point your stats seem to further prove. The only AR's that were even near the SMG's kill-wise happened to be the lolAN-94 and the Scar-H anyways, the rest of those AR's you were talking about are at least 1k kills below your 2k+ kill PDW which is your 4th highest kill weapon.
Oh and it seems like you only have one exactly 2k/d AR and it happens to be the FAL which is still one of the top-tier guns in the game even after the nerfs on it.

Horrid comeback

1. I said around 2KDR. Quit putting words in people mouth ;)

2. More use of weapon equals better KDR my son. I no longer have to drop attachments to level the gun or get 150 naked kills. Same goes for 150 with no perks. Not to mention getting and being able to keep a good comfy setup for the gun FOR GOOD and really get a good flow with it. But nice try Samsonite.

3. FAL is top teir gun and you mentioned (lol) next to the AN94. So whats the problem with ARs vs SMG then if you just mentioned 2 ARs that were top dogs? SMG has a couple top dogs too. Id also throw SWAT in as a top gun but thats my opinion.

4. My KDRs with the SMGs has only gone up over time using them. Only SMG I finished leveling with that was above a 1.5 KDR at that time was the MP7 and Chicom. It was only after the fact that I got them all 1.5+ KDR and climbing. Same would happen with my ARs.

Nice effort though on your part.

I like the little comments, really helps to make your argument much more understandable/believable. /sarcasm

1.)I know you said around a 2k/d, a 2k/d is thought to be 1.95ish, not 1.84(especially when you only have 530 kills with said weapon.)

2.)Yeah...about that, you have barely used the AR's enough to get the camo challenges completed, let alone actually use them extensively enough to have the k/d on them matter whatsoever. With your number of total kills I'd have to say that your k/d on the gun means absolutely nothing until you have at least 3000+ kills with it.(I mean when your top 4 guns which are SMG's make up more than 1/3 of your total kills you can't really count 500-2000 kill guns as thoroughly used.)

3.)Top dogs in their gun class, still horridly outclassed by most of the SMG class.

4.)Would, maybe, are you ever going to use them extensively enough to find out, unlikely, especially based off of your current stats. And you're basically refuting your own point about k/d going up by any significant amount with more use of a weapon with that MP7/Chicom CQB tidbit.

Just a little something else I noticed, 15k BB's and that with all of the AR's(9 of them) put together kill-wise you still have 3k less kills than just your top 4 weapons(SMG's)lol.
---
TrendyEnt=UberEnt= Q_Q What are consoles?