Do you think if more parents spanked their kids the community would be better?

#51AWarAmp84Posted 2/15/2013 8:30:48 AM
I was raised by a single mother and occasionally got the belt on the ass. The trick is to not make your kids fear you but to make them realize that bad actions will have repercussions. Even in my worst days as a kid I wasn't half as mouthy and disrespectful as some of the kids I hear online.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#52WariofanaticPosted 2/15/2013 8:44:46 AM
Kovalchuk_ posted...
What a great discussion.

This. Topics like these are the very reason why I come to the BO2 board.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKHRKUzd6KI&feature=youtu.be
#53spacecowboy44Posted 2/15/2013 9:32:45 AM
2200rms posted...
spacecowboy44 posted...
2200rms posted...
2200rms posted...
I_Got_Rhythm posted...
ITT: Spanking comes in third behind murder and rape.

Disagree. It seems like teen murder and suicide is at an all time high now and it just happens to be in the day and age when spanking your child has become taboo. Kids need to learn that things don't always go there way and to deal with different situations. I wasnt abused as a child but I did have to pick my own switch a couple of times. And I have no ill will at all towards my parents or lost trust in them when they did it. I couldnt be like yeah dad I set the woods on fire and you know what you told me never to do, guess what I did and expect a nice conversation about right and wrong to get the point across

I forgot I also grew up on a farm and worked when I was a kid. Now days kids would try to call protective services on their parents. Or atleast city kids. Two very different cultures. Not the best comparison but take for instance if you have dogs if a city person saw that you were leaving your dog outside during winter or when you train them to hunt they would think you were abusing them.

what an ignorant post..also would you mind be left out in 20 degree weather?

Are you serious. You are one of those people. If thats the way life was so be it. So you are saying all people that own dogs in iraq are abusers to since it is hell oven hot over there and they dont bring them in to their non existent air conditioning. Dogs have been getting along fine without having heated shelter. Like I said two different point of views. I loved my dog growing up be he was an outside hunting dog.

and there goes the ignorance again....honestly...did you get an education or no?...i never said having a dog outside was bad...i have mine out currently...but what you said is just stupid ignorant logic...however i do agree with your statement about liberals
---
---Playing Hardcore with me is like quail hunting with Dick Cheney.
#54Private_NoobPosted 2/15/2013 10:12:21 AM
dueric posted...
If more parents spanked their kids the world would be a better place.

You gotta think bigger, bro.

---
Arceus: "It's time to bring Humanity to JUSTICE!"
Haggard: "Oh yeah? Says YOU and what army?"
#55myrkul8013Posted 2/15/2013 10:48:01 AM
Yes.
I do believe that.
---
"Work with zeal as hammers peal, melt, anneal, and bend the steel."
#56skydragonslashPosted 2/15/2013 1:40:20 PM
When I was young, my parents got compliments for how well behaved we were as kids, and we took a lickin whenever we misbehaved.

Yes.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqNYlgtsVNQ
#57TheSaintGPosted 2/15/2013 3:50:20 PM
skydragonslash posted...
When I was young, my parents got compliments for how well behaved we were as kids, and we took a lickin whenever we misbehaved.
Yes.

This ^
kids that get disciplined right will rarely be bad. If all else fails hitting will work. But you can't be a punk about it. If they walk away and do it again. Then up the output. If your child is still bad then call a priest.

either the demon will come out or the priest will go in (pun intended lol, don't take me seriously on that)
---
Black FC: 3181-5628-6101
#58F_H_NukemPosted 2/15/2013 4:06:30 PM
supercoolisaac posted...
PvtPorkSord posted...
This stayed civil last time but it was very close to being nasty.

I will whoop(spank) my son when other methods have not gotten my point across or he flat out ignored what I said. It is a diciplinary aid not a magic "if i hit him he will be good" default. Because of this I'm a douchbag child abuser and I can live with that. My son has NO idea what abuse actually is and I do.

I only have 10 posts, because my account is set to warned >_>, but I wanted to use 1 to say I completely agree with you.

Good day to you all. I'm sure by the time i check back in this topic will have turned into mindless arguing.

must be cause the mods dont like cherry

BSC master race!!
---
"The CoD franchise is the McDonalds of video games, its widely known to be bad but millions still eat it up" - therickmu25 - 11/26/12
#59thedeerzordPosted 2/15/2013 4:10:45 PM
Yes.
---
I WILL DESTROY ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#60BrostachePosted 2/15/2013 4:16:09 PM
TheSaintG posted...
skydragonslash posted...
Yes.

This ^
kids that get disciplined right will rarely be bad. If all else fails hitting will work. But you can't be a punk about it. If they walk away and do it again. Then up the output. If your child is still bad then call a priest.

either the demon will come out or the priest will go in (pun intended lol, don't take me seriously on that)

dude most serial killers grew up in strict households with heavy corporal punishment.

I mean studies show that children that are hit by their parents are more likely to grow up and be violent.

Maybe it works with dumb people, because it certainly is only advocated by dumb people.