What are you hoping for when it comes to next gen controllers? Also,...

#11Donuts_R_GoodPosted 2/15/2013 12:23:41 AM
Honestly, the current Xbox controller is fantastic. I guess the nly thing that'd be nice is if they added those buttons on the back like Scuf controllers.

They better keep the triggers the same.
---
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.
#12metalclashPosted 2/15/2013 12:29:24 AM
I heard a rumor that scared me a little while ago.

It was that the new console would be mostly motion/touch screen based. While motion works for very, very, very few games, I do not want it on my 720 by default. I like my controller, I hate motion and how non precise it is, and I have no room in my room to be jumping around for motion to work.

Seriously. I have a bed, then about a 2 foot gap to my dresser which my TV is on. I literally can't do motion sensors in my cramped space. I usually game while lying down, very comfortable and perfect for a standard controller.
---
people who snapchat are just flat out stupid.
#13DirrtyRockstarrPosted 2/15/2013 4:55:47 AM
Take the 360 controller.

Give it a D-pad that isn't rubbish, maybe strengthen the sticks so they don't go loose as easily or whatever

Boom. There you go.
---
It doesn't make me unfaithful, unless I'm laying down the cable...
#14Sputnik1337Posted 2/15/2013 5:43:46 AM
no dead zones
proper d pad
no dead zones
more modular customization
no dead zones
inputs on the back
no dead zones
pressure sensitive buttons
no dead zones
wired models available at launch
no dead zones
---
z
#15unpleasant_milkPosted 2/15/2013 5:57:17 AM
A) batteries that last longer
B) Comfortable grip
C) In built cooling system
D) heavy duty buttons and sticks
E) Shortcut keys (it takes too long to navigate to messages sometimes)

Wish list

F) In built cooling system
G) Holographic projection unit which changes the controller into a virtual holo weapon.
---
GT unpleasant milk
Pepsi is disgusting, and dubstep is a good way to ruin a song.
#16fatclemenzaPosted 2/15/2013 6:01:43 AM
If they're smart it won't be very different than the 360 controller except for two extra SCUF style buttons underneath
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#17ZuuFPosted 2/15/2013 9:19:08 AM
My perfect controller (360 + these additions):

-two more buttons, similar to the fighting-game controllers you can buy
-the keyboard accessory you can buy built-in
-a pressure sensitive screen (about the size of the DSi non-XL), with a 3rd-gen iPod touch resolution (right before retina display); ONLY for Live (not games), for features such as messaging friends, searching online for help on a game you're playing, and other such features
-make the analog sticks slightly longer, and looser (while still snapping to its neutral position quickly)
-adding a slight octagon shape with the analog sticks (for those times where you need just the basic eight directions, and cannot be THAT MUCH off)
-3.5mm input for headphones or speakers
-all of the above, while maintaining the same battery life, if not better
---
I am a writer (mostly a poet). If you're interested in buying my work, let me know (message me).
Feel free to check my ZuuF facebook page for samples.
#18Soul_On_Display(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 9:33:34 AM
I've got one: rechargeable batteries for the Xbox. Say what you want about the PS3 controller, but at least it has a feature that the xbox controller always should have had. I don't like how I need to buy $20 charge kits.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance || 3DS FC: 4012-3485-5071
~TL;DR? Don't care.~ || ~ World's #1 Camper Hater ~
#19darkshadowmasterPosted 2/15/2013 9:34:40 AM
M/Kb comparability straight out of the box.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#20darkshadowmasterPosted 2/15/2013 9:37:19 AM
Soul_On_Display posted...
I've got one: rechargeable batteries for the Xbox. Say what you want about the PS3 controller, but at least it has a feature that the xbox controller always should have had. I don't like how I need to buy $20 charge kits.

I actually prefer batteries ( I know i'm probably in the minority on this). I've had 2 PS3 controllers completely die on me to where I have to have them plugged in, or they don't work. Neither hold a charge anymore. I'd rather just 4 rechargable batteries and swap them out while the other is charging than have to buy a new controller when this happens.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.