How far away do you think we are from having changing weather conditions...

#1AWarAmp84Posted 2/15/2013 10:58:49 AM
in online FPS's? It would be awesome playing a map with heavy rain and reduced visibility one time and then playing it when it's all bright and sunny the next time.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#2shadowsofdawnPosted 2/15/2013 11:00:52 AM
This sounds great. Maybe add all kinds of dynamic situations in addition to the weather so the maps rarely play the same way.

Probably will have to wait for next gen for something like that though.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#3AWarAmp84(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 11:05:18 AM
Actually changing weather AND time of day would be amazing. The game would stay fresh for so much longer.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#4theLongR0DPosted 2/15/2013 11:07:22 AM
Go play tiger woods, you can set the weather to current. This changes it to whatever is going on at the course you are playing at IRL I believe. I don't see why they couldn't do something like this in COD eventually. But they will not, so it doesn't matter.
#5AWarAmp84(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 11:20:11 AM
theLongR0D posted...
Go play tiger woods, you can set the weather to current. This changes it to whatever is going on at the course you are playing at IRL I believe. I don't see why they couldn't do something like this in COD eventually. But they will not, so it doesn't matter.

I have Tiger Woods 11 and yeah it's pretty cool and I was actually thinking about it as I was creating this topic.
---
#6AaronHutchPosted 2/15/2013 11:28:14 AM
I might actually buy the next CoD if it randomizes the weather and time of day

i am worried that if its nighttime and/or raining it might turn into a campfest
---
W@W was awesome for gun diversity. You saw the MP40, the MP40, and the MP40. - Gritzblitz56
#7curtlandPosted 2/15/2013 11:31:05 AM
AaronHutch posted...
I might actually buy the next CoD if it randomizes the weather and time of day

i am worried that if its nighttime and/or raining it might turn into a campfest

Eh, I don't think it would be any more of a campfest than normal.

It would be pretty damned sweet though. Any map could have a rain, snow (depending on location), sun, night, sunset... that really would be pretty damned cool.
---
Only idoits can't spell.
#8PvtPorkSordPosted 2/15/2013 11:32:40 AM
If they have actual dark night maps they will need to include night vision as a attachment/perk. If its a perk it could be like switching to a noob tube and clicking the right analog stick would flip the goggles down.
#9Freshmaker11Posted 2/15/2013 11:32:46 AM
I like the idea , But i can see more people complaining it was raining plus lagging thats why you killed me lol or people backing out of a lobby cause the next map has rain, fog or snow on it
---
www.facebook.com/Timesplitters4PLZ
#10Net SharkPosted 2/15/2013 11:34:49 AM
Foot steps could even sound different as they splash through puddles.
---
Andy Reid thought he was going to KFC not KC. :)