nerf the sniper rifles.....

#1Redskins4Life21Posted 2/16/2013 7:43:48 AM
the quickscoping in this game has got to go. I realize that cod is more of an arcade experience than a simulation, but why should every other weapons class be hamstrung by the inherent limitations of the gun type while snipers run all over the map quickscoping?

Nerfing this would be pretty easy, just make the weapon's draw time much longer. Anyone agree or am I setting myself up for a good ol' fashioned message board lashing.
---
Now Playing: Black Ops II
Playing Soon: Dishonored, Halo 4, Walking Dead, Hitman, Rage, Need for Speed
#2__redxiii__Posted 2/16/2013 7:45:22 AM
While we're at it let's make it to where SMGs can't "snipe." Seriously, SOCOM and MGO are the only shooters I've played with good gun balance. Snipers were snipers and SMGs were SMGs.
#3Redskins4Life21(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 7:57:29 AM
i think smg is an overpowered class clearly. i use smg's about half the time, but i really try to stick to assault rifles because i almost feel like they are somewhat the underdog in this year's game.

Get the FAL w laser sight, fully auto(select fire attachment), and silencer. Quite the beast, even on smaller maps. I'm a poor cod player overall, I am just not naturally gifted at it. I had my first 10 kills w.o dying yesterday using this variation of the FAL on Hijacked. Wish I had utilized higher scorestreaks than my typical care package uav hunter killer combo....
---
#4__redxiii__Posted 2/16/2013 8:00:48 AM
Redskins4Life21 posted...
i think smg is an overpowered class clearly. i use smg's about half the time, but i really try to stick to assault rifles because i almost feel like they are somewhat the underdog in this year's game.

Get the FAL w laser sight, fully auto(select fire attachment), and silencer. Quite the beast, even on smaller maps. I'm a poor cod player overall, I am just not naturally gifted at it. I had my first 10 kills w.o dying yesterday using this variation of the FAL on Hijacked. Wish I had utilized higher scorestreaks than my typical care package uav hunter killer combo....

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. You know when you see someone sniping from far away and you just press the trigger a couple times with your SMG and "snipe" them from across the map. How's that different from someone quickscoping you or no scoping you from 10 ft away? The main complaint is, "that's not how sniper rifles are used IRL!" Well that's also not how SMGs are used IRL.
#5GundamBansheeFAPosted 2/16/2013 8:01:22 AM
__redxiii__ posted...
While we're at it let's make it to where SMGs can't "snipe." Seriously, SOCOM and MGO are the only shooters I've played with good gun balance. Snipers were snipers and SMGs were SMGs.

I got sniped with the peace keeper it was ridiculous..
#6Redskins4Life21(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 8:02:52 AM
__redxiii__ posted...

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. You know when you see someone sniping from far away and you just press the trigger a couple times with your SMG and "snipe" them from across the map. How's that different from someone quickscoping you or no scoping you from 10 ft away? The main complaint is, "that's not how sniper rifles are used IRL!" Well that's also not how SMGs are used IRL.

I agree with you.... that should not happen in this game. find a way to nerf that too if possible
---
#7Keyblade9000Posted 2/16/2013 8:13:19 AM
__redxiii__ posted...

You would probably hate Halo because people use the pistol like a sniper rifle
---
Not changing my sig 'till Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out.
Started 2-14-13
#8__redxiii__Posted 2/16/2013 8:14:08 AM
Keyblade9000 posted...
__redxiii__ posted...

You would probably hate Halo because people use the pistol like a sniper rifle

I don't play Halo for more reasons than that. Shields, people camping power weapons, etc.
#9JonnywestsidePosted 2/16/2013 8:14:48 AM
__redxiii__ posted...

If a guy gets 6 bullets on you from across the map before you snipe them its your fault IMO.
#10__redxiii__Posted 2/16/2013 8:17:21 AM
Jonnywestside posted...
__redxiii__ posted...

If a guy gets 6 bullets on you from across the map before you snipe them its your fault IMO.

I'm good at the game I don't have a problem with what people use or how they want to use it. I'm just saying, from a logical standpoint -- If you want them to nerf snipers because people are using it like a shotgun then nerf the SMGs because people are using them like snipers.