nerf the sniper rifles.....

#11Keyblade9000Posted 2/16/2013 9:34:54 AM
__redxiii__ posted...
Keyblade9000 posted...
__redxiii__ posted...
While we're at it let's make it to where SMGs can't "snipe." Seriously, SOCOM and MGO are the only shooters I've played with good gun balance. Snipers were snipers and SMGs were SMGs.

You would probably hate Halo because people use the pistol like a sniper rifle

I don't play Halo for more reasons than that. Shields, people camping power weapons, etc.

Halo takes MUCH more skill than Cod, which is why some people hate it (especially Cod fans) You can't just spray your gun all over the place and expect to get a kill, you need to aim.
One thing I love about Halo is its fun gamemodes like Flood (infection) SWAT and Grifball
---
Not changing my sig 'till Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out.
Started 2-14-13
#12slaveanselmoPosted 2/16/2013 9:36:15 AM
Redskins4Life21 posted...
__redxiii__ posted...
Redskins4Life21 posted...
i think smg is an overpowered class clearly. i use smg's about half the time, but i really try to stick to assault rifles because i almost feel like they are somewhat the underdog in this year's game.

Get the FAL w laser sight, fully auto(select fire attachment), and silencer. Quite the beast, even on smaller maps. I'm a poor cod player overall, I am just not naturally gifted at it. I had my first 10 kills w.o dying yesterday using this variation of the FAL on Hijacked. Wish I had utilized higher scorestreaks than my typical care package uav hunter killer combo....

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. You know when you see someone sniping from far away and you just press the trigger a couple times with your SMG and "snipe" them from across the map. How's that different from someone quickscoping you or no scoping you from 10 ft away? The main complaint is, "that's not how sniper rifles are used IRL!" Well that's also not how SMGs are used IRL.

I agree with you.... that should not happen in this game. find a way to nerf that too if possible

If KSG slugs can "disappear" any guns bullets can.
---
Learn to sense the sarcasm, bro.
#13__redxiii__Posted 2/16/2013 9:43:28 AM
Keyblade9000 posted...
__redxiii__ posted...
Keyblade9000 posted...
__redxiii__ posted...
While we're at it let's make it to where SMGs can't "snipe." Seriously, SOCOM and MGO are the only shooters I've played with good gun balance. Snipers were snipers and SMGs were SMGs.

You would probably hate Halo because people use the pistol like a sniper rifle

I don't play Halo for more reasons than that. Shields, people camping power weapons, etc.

Halo takes MUCH more skill than Cod, which is why some people hate it (especially Cod fans) You can't just spray your gun all over the place and expect to get a kill, you need to aim.
One thing I love about Halo is its fun gamemodes like Flood (infection) SWAT and Grifball

There's no skill in being the only guy in the game with a rocket launcher and camping it til it respawns. Yea there are gametypes you can play without power weapons but that's not fun. That's why I like COD. If someone is constantly RPGing me then I'll just pull out my RPG class.
#14Redskins4Life21(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 10:51:24 AM
a lot of responses involving the smg's..... anyone agree on my thoughts on the sniper rifle? its very annoying having what is essentially the golden gun from goldeneye in the hands of so many players
---
Now Playing: Black Ops II
Playing Soon: Dishonored, Halo 4, Walking Dead, Hitman, Rage, Need for Speed
#15ShinRaKnightPosted 2/16/2013 11:00:10 AM
No one is going to agree with you.

While QSing is easy in this game it is a high risk/high reward play style, that usually has little impact on the outcome of the match.

SMGs on the other hand are insanely overpowered. Fast movement with low recoil, high fire rate and large magazines make them an extremely dominant weapon. Especially given the current trend of claustrophobic close quarters maps we are given.
---
GT- Abyssal Shift
http://www.youtube.com/user/ShinRaKnight