POLL: Yes or No Strategy is a type of skill?

#1DepreceV2Posted 2/17/2013 5:37:37 AM
Yes or No - Results (37 votes)
Yes
89.19% (33 votes)
No
10.81% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I meant to post this a while ago but i never got around to do it. The topic about skill on this board inspired me to do it. Is strategy skill? I personally think so. Especially since I played A LOT of Fire Emblem games and other handheld RPGs. (Those were the best to me) Even turned based was strategy. We always considered that skill back on those GFaqs boards. You use strategy in Call of Duty as well. How much strategy you use depends on the individual. If you believe that is the case then why do so many people say Call of Duty doesn't take skill of you need strategy?
---
This is a message board. I don't care about my spelling or grammar on GFaqs. You don't like my grammar mistakes? Get over it.
#2DutchZombiePosted 2/17/2013 6:20:38 AM
Yes, obviously being able to think is a skill that is rare among the COD community. The thing is that in the newer COD's, all you have to do is chase the red dot and have a better connection than your opponent.
#3Overd0sPosted 2/17/2013 6:24:28 AM
Basically the quicker, more intelligent player will be able to predict the enemy's next step before the enemy can get the upper hand

so yes, being able to "read" other players simply through map location, speed of movement, weapon choice, and other variables is a skill

and i agree with your post completely TC
---
Vote for my new sig:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/669289-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/65284548
#4Tat77Posted 2/17/2013 6:33:00 AM
I think skill does come into play, but not nearly as much as in other competitive FPSs. There's a lot of chance involved.
---
Meow