Don't some devs realize the games they make are pure garbage?

#1lexussssPosted 2/17/2013 7:34:49 AM
I feel like maybe 20% of game released are actually GOOD games ie Dark Souls, Skyrim, Mass Effect etc.

Why release a game like Aliens Colonial Marines? Don't they say "oh this game sucks, let's release it anyway!"
#2RaccoonKylePosted 2/17/2013 7:35:32 AM
Why don't some posters realize they post topics in the wrong boards?
---
Currently playing: Black Ops 2, Assassin's Creed 3
#3slaveanselmoPosted 2/17/2013 7:35:50 AM
Gotta try and recoup some money. It's a business
---
Learn to sense the sarcasm, bro.
#4slaveanselmoPosted 2/17/2013 7:37:30 AM
Do a little advertising and hope it sells some before woodofmyth gets around that it sucks.
---
Learn to sense the sarcasm, bro.
#5HaahahahaPosted 2/17/2013 7:39:38 AM
slaveanselmo posted...

This. If TC was a game dev being offered a lot of money I doubt he'd be thinking of the millions of people on gamefaqs. Too many people in this world to specifically cater to, so they can only make small changes. Its a business not a nursery.
---
"Who cares if you are good at black ops 2, it's a bruised game anyways!"
#6Lord_TenseEyePosted 2/17/2013 7:44:22 AM
lexussss posted...
I feel like maybe 20% of game released are actually GOOD games ie Dark Souls, Skyrim, Mass Effect etc.

Why release a game like Aliens Colonial Marines? Don't they say "oh this game sucks, let's release it anyway!"

They probably know that the games are garbage. But they know that their series (for example this one) has those die hard fanboys that defend the f*** out of their game no matter how bad it is or how many issues it has.

When people still dish out $150 for special editions and still buy dlc on day 1 despite all the issues, why the hell would they bother making a proper game?

I've been a fan of the series since W@W (went back and played cod4 too). Enjoyed MW2 A LOT. Enjoyed BO1 after it got a few patches. Hated MW3 and had about 3 hours of playtime on it.

I bought this thinking that hopefully they've sorted out the connection issues. I assumed MW3 was just a fluke because it was made by some other guys (not really an IW game).

Seeing how this game still runs, I won't be fooled again into buying a call of duty or activision game.
#7dannyaqPosted 2/17/2013 8:25:01 AM
that matter less than if they sell. if garbage sells, why not make more garbage?
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#8indiansfan4444Posted 2/17/2013 9:03:20 AM
Another thing is just because you think it is garbage doesn't mean that others don't like it. I hate Mass Effect and Elder Scrolls games and I'm an rpg fan. It just comes to personal preferences.
#9wha7levenPosted 2/17/2013 9:07:30 AM
The only good part about colonial marines was the mp, and that's because gearbox worked on it. The SP sucked because it was timeshift(?) not gearbox working on it
---
GT: That Frogman
#10spacecowboy44Posted 2/17/2013 9:10:11 AM
Haahahaha posted...
slaveanselmo posted...

This. If TC was a game dev being offered a lot of money I doubt he'd be thinking of the millions of people on gamefaqs. Too many people in this world to specifically cater to, so they can only make small changes. Its a business not a nursery.

god this...i dont understand the amount of children who feel so betrayed by the fact that a company likes money....its their job...and they do it well
---
---Playing Hardcore with me is like quail hunting with Dick Cheney.