Don't some devs realize the games they make are pure garbage?

#11SAMCROftwPosted 2/17/2013 9:22:36 AM
I'm pretty sure the COD devs realize this. "Well, this game is crap... Oh well, it's got 'Call of Duty' on the cover so it will sell!"
#12AWarAmp84Posted 2/17/2013 9:47:01 AM
It's because the cod franchise is now established. They don't need to be innovative anymore to sell millions of copies. They don't even have to make a quality product to sell millions. The sheep gobble it up no matter what.

The industry isn't want it used to be. It used to be about impressing fans first, money second. Now, it's "how can we make the most amount of money in the shortest amount of time?".
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#13Lord_TenseEyePosted 2/17/2013 11:36:03 AM
spacecowboy44 posted...
Haahahaha posted...
slaveanselmo posted...
Gotta try and recoup some money. It's a business

This. If TC was a game dev being offered a lot of money I doubt he'd be thinking of the millions of people on gamefaqs. Too many people in this world to specifically cater to, so they can only make small changes. Its a business not a nursery.

god this...i dont understand the amount of children who feel so betrayed by the fact that a company likes money....its their job...and they do it well

Assumes that people who expect a quality product for their money are children. Ugh....I should just avoid this forum (gfaqs) altogether.
#14SAMCROftwPosted 2/17/2013 10:42:49 PM
spacecowboy44 posted...
Haahahaha posted...
slaveanselmo posted...
Gotta try and recoup some money. It's a business

This. If TC was a game dev being offered a lot of money I doubt he'd be thinking of the millions of people on gamefaqs. Too many people in this world to specifically cater to, so they can only make small changes. Its a business not a nursery.

god this...i dont understand the amount of children who feel so betrayed by the fact that a company likes money....its their job...and they do it well

I don't understand people like you who defend these developers and say "it's their job" when they are clearly too lazy to do anything for the money they make. Then you turn around and call people who bought the game and are disappointed with it "children" all because they aren't happy about spending money on a broken game. I mean, come on guy. They rehash the same game every year and instead of fixing the major problems in the game, they leave them in and just don't care. It's not their job to make a game with as little effort as possible, leave in everything that is wrong with it and move on while they swim in cash.
#15Telvanni_guardPosted 2/17/2013 10:48:22 PM
"Assumes that people who expect a quality product for their money are children. Ugh....I should just avoid this forum (gfaqs) altogether."

No matter how bad a game is, you are obligated, by contract, to release the game at a certain date. You can ask for extensions to tweak of polish things but after a certain point in release, there's already been a large portion of income set around advertising and saying that X will come on on a certain day. After that point, you can just release and hope.

That said, from what I've heard, game's just average. Not horrible but nothing to really get praise about.
---
GamerTag: Te1vanni Guard
"Telvanni you would disprove everyone. :D"- Saint_of_Misery
#16thebest99Posted 2/17/2013 10:50:50 PM
Sometimes you put so much hard work into something you just can't accept the fact that their hard work has ended up being nothing but a failure.

It's a terrible feeling when you put your heart and soul into something only to get nothing in return for the time you invested.
---
New Commentary! 11/22/12-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_iiDLS_2yE
GT: Dan Harkinz