Took out Helletorm Missile with emp grenade

#21The_LoGoSPosted 2/18/2013 1:17:31 PM
i did this by accident. I threw won just as it was coming down on one of my teammates. It was unintentional but it said hellstorm missle destroyed and awarded me points.
---
There is no wrong or right...There is only popular opinion
#22cbc72Posted 2/18/2013 1:21:40 PM
puzzlefite posted...
cbc72 posted...
slaveanselmo posted...
EMPs don't blow up until after they come into contact with something. I've thrown idk how many across the map in the air. Concussions and flashes might but not EMPs.

That is completely wrong.

Are you thinking of shock charges?

EMPs don't activate until it hits a flat surface.

Oh, thanks, I misunderstood. I thought he meant until they were in range of something electronic.

I retract my statement.
---
Beast Mode!
http://tinyurl.com/c8noad6
#23CammyApplePosted 2/18/2013 1:30:36 PM
I use the emp nades to take out Dragonfires. The go off mid air. I'm almost certain I'm not actually hitting the DF. Maybe I am. I'm just going off of what I have had happen.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#24josefreesPosted 2/18/2013 1:32:04 PM
Sega9599 posted...
I mean......you get a chance to preview your message...
do people get that excited and posting, they just wanna type silly mistakes?

This isn't 'leik' or 'begining', genuine words to misspell perhaps in the middle of a post.
Or maybe I'm wrong, and there really is a 'Helletorm Missile'

Post without Preview now exists =)
---
ifit'sanewbeginning,thenidon'twanttoKNOWifitsnotworthpretending,th
enidon'twantoKNOWi'mjustsosickoflistening,whatshouldiwanttoKNOW?
#25ffgamemanPosted 2/18/2013 1:41:17 PM
I took out a Hellstorm with an AN-94 once. I got credit for destroying but, but the missile still hit the ground and took out me and much of my team.

Maybe I hit it right as it split?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature
#26puzzlefitePosted 2/18/2013 2:21:31 PM(edited)
CammyApple posted...
I use the emp nades to take out Dragonfires. The go off mid air. I'm almost certain I'm not actually hitting the DF. Maybe I am. I'm just going off of what I have had happen.

I suppose it might be possible that it landed on the Dragonfire, but I'd have to see a video. Most likely the dragonfire is flying too low and your EMP got it that way. There are other reports of EMP having some ridiculous height effect.

hyperpowder posted...
It's crazy how easy you can take out Hellstorms, I've take one out with a Lightning Strike which is weird since the lightning strike flys lower than the HS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol5zubt1xuI

There are a number of people who don't actually know you need to hit the right trigger to cluster bomb it. If they don't or do it extremely late, then it's easy to shoot down the HM.

Magic_Bryan posted...

No, I use a lot of EMPs and they only explode on contact. Also don't explode on contact with surfaces off themap such as rivers.

Which river are you referring to? I've thrown EMPs on that platform on Carrier. That little pathway you jump down to and jump back up that's by the Sniper ramp. You can toss a EMP down the platform there and the EMP will go off, but if you jump down there you will die.
---
Gamertag: Crash Geom