What do you call the plane on Turbine when playing?

#31darkhouse999Posted 2/17/2013 4:55:10 PM
Top Turbine, B Dom, and Lower Turbine. And yes I have had people get confused when I used to just call it plane, so I stopped.
---
ITP: Im hungry.-JVel91
#32dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 4:59:17 PM
darkhouse999 posted...
Top Turbine, B Dom, and Lower Turbine. And yes I have had people get confused when I used to just call it plane, so I stopped.

I think you're not telling the whole truth.

If someone in the game doesn't know what you mean when you say "top plane" or "in the plane" on a map where the only thing that stands out is a huge plane like structure in the very middle of the map, is it really on you to change you're ways?
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#33darkhouse999Posted 2/17/2013 5:08:27 PM
darkhouse999 posted...

If someone in the game doesn't know what you mean when you say "top plane" or "in the plane" on a map where the only thing that stands out is a huge plane like structure in the very middle of the map, is it really on you to change you're ways?

Not it's not on me, but at the same time it is just easier. As for not telling the truth, I didn't say every person I play with I said a few of the people I have had played with were confused. So I changed my callout and now just refer to it as turbine when playing Solo. In group is whole different story. Usually having to much fun joking around to worry about it.

I will add I have also played with people that have gotten confused by me calling it Turbine.
---
#34dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 5:12:15 PM
darkhouse999 posted...
darkhouse999 posted...

Not it's not on me, but at the same time it is just easier. As for not telling the truth, I didn't say every person I play with I said a few of the people I have had played with were confused. So I changed my callout and now just refer to it as turbine when playing Solo. In group is whole different story. Usually having to much fun joking around to worry about it.

I will add I have also played with people that have gotten confused by me calling it Turbine.

I just can't possibly imagine enough people not getting it that it annoyed you enough to change to calling it a "turbine".

My guess is those games generally didn't go very well. LOL
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#35darkhouse999Posted 2/17/2013 5:15:01 PM
darkhouse999 posted...
darkhouse999 posted...

I just can't possibly imagine enough people not getting it that it annoyed you enough to change to calling it a "turbine".

My guess is those games generally didn't go very well. LOL

Nope they didn't, they are the same type of game where I could put up 2 VSATs and my team would still lose by 20. Or I see my own teammates spinning in corners looking at the sky when the enemy has not put up any streaks. I have bad luck when I play solo.
---
#36dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 5:18:20 PM
darkhouse999 posted...

Nope they didn't, they are the same type of game where I could put up 2 VSATs and my team would still lose by 20. Or I see my own teammates spinning in corners looking at the sky when the enemy has not put up any streaks. I have bad luck when I play solo.

You and me both, bro.

And I didn't mean to call you a liar in my other post. I tried to be a nice as possible with my wording as to not offend you. LOL
---
#37ralalooloo11Posted 2/17/2013 5:28:13 PM
plane
#38bbert901Posted 2/17/2013 5:53:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/A5ZOo1o.jpg
---
http://i.imgur.com/OFUbs.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Gzd6P.jpg http://oi48.tinypic.com/256xlj4.jpg
#39A Naked PenguinPosted 2/17/2013 6:53:02 PM
As a person who works on wind turbines for a living I find this topic disturbing.

It's a turbine. And the ones that are running look like Vestas turbines.
The level is called turbine. Why would it be a plane? There are wind turbines up. The level is called turbine....I just don't understand where plane could possibly come from.
---
GT: An Old Nun
#40dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 6:57:12 PM
A Naked Penguin posted...
As a person who works on wind turbines for a living I find this topic disturbing.

It's a turbine. And the ones that are running look like Vestas turbines.
The level is called turbine. Why would it be a plane? There are wind turbines up. The level is called turbine....I just don't understand where plane could possibly come from.

You and I definitely differ in our opinions on what qualifies as disturbing.

The 10 year tragedy and cover up at Penn State comes to mind.
---