Crossbow needs a buff

#1TheRealJayveezyPosted 2/17/2013 2:17:29 PM
I promise this is the last time I'll bring it up. This board does not seem to care about talking about weapon balance unless it involves something that shoots bullets, so this is the last time I will waste my breath on it here.

I am not a person that normally goes around saying nerf this, buff that but the crossbow is in great need of a buff. The explosions radius is absolutely pathetic. If you don't get a stick on someone the only possible way that they even die from the explosion is if they are standing right on top of the bolt. Now maybe, just maybe this would not be as big of a problem if another problem with the crossbow was addressed, the speed of the bolt once it is fired.

As it is right now, shooting someone with the crossbow at any distance requires you to actually lead your target if they are moving. The ONLY other weapon that you have to do this with is the ballistic knife. The reason you have to lead a moving target with these two weapons is because of the speed that the bolt/knife travels once you shoot it. The ballistic knife makes up for this short coming with the ability to reliably melee with it as well. The crossbow on the other hand is given no other options to compensate for this other than the tribolt(don't get me started on how they could have done the tribolt better though), and even then you are forced to give up an attachment slot.

These two factors make the crossbow entirely outclassed by every single weapon in the game that shoots a projectile, including the grenade launcher which is merely an attachment. I come to you with this problem because I do not partake in twitter and this seems to be the best way to express concern about weapon balance to vonderbeard. The crossbow is barely used by anyone in this game because it is so worthless and because there are not people using it there are not people bringing it's shortcomings to vonderbeards attention. If the kind people of this board could take a few minutes out of their day to tweet vonderbeards about this it would be greatly appreciated. If you don't believe me, please go try the single bolt crossbow for yourself and use only that as your primary tool of killing for 10+ games and you will understand where I am coming from.

Thank you for your time.
---
Leader of the 1 Horned Pink Bunni clan. You can be a pink Bunni too, all you have to do is ask.
#2slaveanselmoPosted 2/17/2013 2:30:05 PM
This copy and pasted?
---
Learn to sense the sarcasm, bro.
#3NukSooALPosted 2/17/2013 2:31:34 PM
i've been using it alot works for me as an anti sniper. i was thinking it was op since its a ohk if it connects
---
GT: Nuk Soo AL/PSN Nuk_Soo_AL
#4scrilla_oPosted 2/17/2013 2:34:03 PM
They need to make the bolt speed as fast as the ballistic knife and add more range. If they did this it would be good and I would have class just for it.
---
Underground rap > mainstream rap
IMHO
#5SullyTheStrangePosted 2/17/2013 2:38:08 PM
Did you use the crossbow in Blops 1? This one is 10x better in every way except for blast radius. I'm fine with that.

Blops 1 crossbow starts with 2 bolts, new one starts with 6. Old one's bolts travel a lot slower in the air, making leading shots even more difficult. Old one's fuse was a lot longer, meaning when you finally DO get a stick, chances are someone will steal your kill before it blows up. Old one had to do a long reload between each shot, new one takes a split second, full reload every 3 shots. And I don't know the detailed numbers, but I'm pretty sure the old one had less mobility and slower ADS times too.

Like I said, 10x better. It's still inferior to every other real gun, but it's a gimmick weapon, I wouldn't expect it to actually compare.
---
All's fair in love and war, kid.
#6TheRealJayveezy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 2:43:38 PM(edited)
NukSooAL posted...
i've been using it alot works for me as an anti sniper. i was thinking it was op since its a ohk if it connects

-_- OP....idk even know what to say to that. Crossbow is more pathetic than it has ever been in it's history in CoD(besides the ammo count). Please note anything I say is regarding the single bolt. I believe the tribolt should stay the same as far as its explosion's radius. It's outclassed by an attachment(the grenade launcher) in almost every aspect but ammo. How is that right?

@slaves, copy/paste from the PS3 boards. Slightly different than my last post here lol. Went into more reasoning behind it.

@sully, gimmick weapon or not, it is pretty much out classed by an attachment. That's not right.
---
Leader of the 1 Horned Pink Bunni clan. You can be a pink Bunni too, all you have to do is ask.
#7slaveanselmoPosted 2/17/2013 2:53:23 PM
Dude, you should get a Twitter account. As the leader of one of the most prestigious clans on COD, Moronderhaar would have no choice but to listen.
---
Learn to sense the sarcasm, bro.
#8__redxiii__Posted 2/17/2013 2:56:40 PM
I play a lot of sticks and stones and sometimes people get stuck by the bolt but survive the explosion. smh
#9Overd0sPosted 2/17/2013 3:04:21 PM
Personally i agree to an extent, it does need a buff but i think the only buff it needs is a stock attachment or a movement buff

it is WAY too slow ADS-ing than it should be; i do like the idea of the tri-bolt being three single bolts ready to shoot without having to actually reload each one

I use the Crossbow as a single weapon (no primary) and i have gone 18-9 several times in TDM; i also had a 118% accuracy with it at one time with over 100 kills

it is good, but it does need more love; i suggest this:

More Attachments:
Laser Sight
Stock
Something to make it shoot faster

and overall movement speed
---
Vote for my new sig:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/669289-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/65284548
#10__redxiii__Posted 2/17/2013 3:10:55 PM
Overd0s posted...
Personally i agree to an extent, it does need a buff but i think the only buff it needs is a stock attachment or a movement buff

it is WAY too slow ADS-ing than it should be; i do like the idea of the tri-bolt being three single bolts ready to shoot without having to actually reload each one

I use the Crossbow as a single weapon (no primary) and i have gone 18-9 several times in TDM; i also had a 118% accuracy with it at one time with over 100 kills

it is good, but it does need more love; i suggest this:

More Attachments:
Laser Sight
Stock
Something to make it shoot faster

and overall movement speed

Tri-bolt is an exchange for overall power and it's so easy to hit someone with 3 bolts at a time compared to 1. However if you have good aim the regular 3 shots and reload is what you want. As far as the accuracy goes I'm pretty sure this game is glitched with the crossbow. When you shoot someone and stick them it counts as a kill and when it explodes it counts as another. Not ont he scoreboard, but if you go look at your combat record. If you killed 10 people it'll show you with 20 more kills. I'm assuming this messes up the accuracy too, leading to those 100+ percents.