Crossbow needs a buff

#11Overd0sPosted 2/17/2013 3:15:07 PM
__redxiii__ posted...
Overd0s posted...
Personally i agree to an extent, it does need a buff but i think the only buff it needs is a stock attachment or a movement buff

it is WAY too slow ADS-ing than it should be; i do like the idea of the tri-bolt being three single bolts ready to shoot without having to actually reload each one

I use the Crossbow as a single weapon (no primary) and i have gone 18-9 several times in TDM; i also had a 118% accuracy with it at one time with over 100 kills

it is good, but it does need more love; i suggest this:

More Attachments:
Laser Sight
Stock
Something to make it shoot faster

and overall movement speed

Tri-bolt is an exchange for overall power and it's so easy to hit someone with 3 bolts at a time compared to 1. However if you have good aim the regular 3 shots and reload is what you want. As far as the accuracy goes I'm pretty sure this game is glitched with the crossbow. When you shoot someone and stick them it counts as a kill and when it explodes it counts as another. Not ont he scoreboard, but if you go look at your combat record. If you killed 10 people it'll show you with 20 more kills. I'm assuming this messes up the accuracy too, leading to those 100+ percents.

I was under the impression that the 100+ percents has to do with me sticking someone, then it blowing up and the splash damage hurting a nearby players (basically 2 hit markers for 1 bolt)

I don't remember if you get two hit markers on one person if you stuck them
---
Vote for my new sig:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/669289-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/65284548
#12TheRealJayveezy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 3:15:40 PM
slaveanselmo posted...
Dude, you should get a Twitter account. As the leader of one of the most prestigious clans on COD, Moronderhaar would have no choice but to listen.

You're right. I'm going to get a twitter account just for telling vonderbeard to fix his game. He has to listen to me.

@guy above me(sorry I forgot your name once I started), I would really have loved to see more attachments, especially the laser. I'm also not saying I do bad with this weapon. I maintain a 96-97 SPM in SnD using an assault shield/crossbow class but just because you can do good with something doesn't mean there isn't a problem. If that was true then no buff is ever deserving. I had plenty of 20+ kill 10- death games with the pre patch executioner(had a 30-6 FFA game once with it). Just an example to get my point across. It is a weapon that at the very least deserves a look at.
---
Leader of the 1 Horned Pink Bunni clan. You can be a pink Bunni too, all you have to do is ask.
#13Ha_D00DPosted 2/17/2013 3:16:11 PM
ITT: TC runs out of breath typing.
---
We'll settle this with violence. Come on, give it all you got. We'll settle this with bullets. Go ahead, take your best shot.
#14TheRealJayveezy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 3:19:17 PM
Ha_D00D posted...
ITT: TC runs out of breath typing.

Had to hook up the ol oxygen tank about half way through. It was rough but I made it.

And yes you get a hitmarker for a stick and then a hitmarker when they blow up. I have a stupid high accuracy with the crossbow too.
---
Leader of the 1 Horned Pink Bunni clan. You can be a pink Bunni too, all you have to do is ask.
#15Overd0sPosted 2/17/2013 3:23:23 PM
TheRealJayveezy posted...
slaveanselmo posted...
Dude, you should get a Twitter account. As the leader of one of the most prestigious clans on COD, Moronderhaar would have no choice but to listen.

You're right. I'm going to get a twitter account just for telling vonderbeard to fix his game. He has to listen to me.

@guy above me(sorry I forgot your name once I started), I would really have loved to see more attachments, especially the laser. I'm also not saying I do bad with this weapon. I maintain a 96-97 SPM in SnD using an assault shield/crossbow class but just because you can do good with something doesn't mean there isn't a problem. If that was true then no buff is ever deserving. I had plenty of 20+ kill 10- death games with the pre patch executioner(had a 30-6 FFA game once with it). Just an example to get my point across. It is a weapon that at the very least deserves a look at.

Yeah my bad, accidental brag post lol; but i agree whole heartedly, it does need a buff but i think if the speed and radius or even if just one of the two were buffed, it would be a little overpowered
---
Vote for my new sig:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/669289-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/65284548
#16TheRealJayveezy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 3:51:17 PM
@overdos, I truly feel doing well with this weapon is brag worthy so go right ahead. IMO, it is the weapon that requires the most amount of skill to do well with in this game. Hopefully enough people will eventually see it needs some small tweaks though
---
#17TheRealJayveezy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 6:56:30 AM
Not giving up!

I have brought this message to a couple other forums and I have actually been able to find some people that have used the crossbow and agree with the changes I have suggested or suggested some of their own.

Points that have been brought up:
-ballistic knife travels faster than the crossbow, makes you more mobile, can pick up its shots for a theoretical infinite supply of ammo, has the added ability of a good melee. Out classes the bow in most aspects other than actual ammo count, accurate long range, and starting ammo count

-weaker than the grenade launcher except in ammo count(bow is nearly outclassed by an attachment

-if bolt speed or explosion radius isn't addressed ammo count should be to make up for horrible close range accuracy and actually having to lead targets

-bolt speed is so slow you have to lead targets within shotgun range

-ballistic knife and bow are not given the same amount of gracious hit detection all other projectiles get. Myself and several others noted that you are able to to land shots with almost all of the other projectile weapons without actually hitting the target. Best example comes from snipers quick scoping who hit their targets for the OHKO even though they are a few feet off

-was noted that bolt speed of BO1 crossbow was much greater making it easier to get sticks. This bow from the future is somehow weaker? Only things better about this bow: shorter fuse time, higher ammo count

These are just a few of the points brought up. I really wish the board I frequent the most would help me out with this and try the crossbow for a 100+ kills so they can understand what I am talking about. If any of the other regulars, clemenza, supercool, Zach, slaves and any others would be willing to do this it would be greatly appreciated. Please help!
---
#18chessmyantidrugPosted 2/19/2013 7:20:21 AM
Proposed attachment idea: Tactical Nuke. You fire off a single Tactical Nuke bolt and win the game.

You're welcome.
#19bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 2/19/2013 7:39:18 AM
The crossbow is fine the way it is. It's one of the first things I got gold for. You must just suck with it.
---
Games I'm looking forward to: State of Decay, GTA V, Defiance
Currently playing: Black Ops 2, Dark Souls, GTA IV, Bf3, DS3
#20TheRealJayveezy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 7:45:33 AM
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...
The crossbow is fine the way it is. It's one of the first things I got gold for. You must just suck with it.

It was the first thing I got gold for in the game as well. It has problems, and I am obviously not the only one that thinks this. The most glaring issue is the bolt speed. Everything else is whatever but the bolt speed really needs to be addressed.
---