Recommend me Trittons or Turtle Beaches

#11ThisIsMithosPosted 2/17/2013 4:02:14 PM
I had a cheaper TB prior to the Trittons, and the Trittons were definitely much better. Having said that, I only have experience with those two, so I can't really compare, but if you aren't crazy picky, I don't see what's wrong with the 720's.
---
GT: Aero SSX
#12duericPosted 2/17/2013 4:05:53 PM
ThisIsMithos posted...
I had a cheaper TB prior to the Trittons, and the Trittons were definitely much better. Having said that, I only have experience with those two, so I can't really compare, but if you aren't crazy picky, I don't see what's wrong with the 720's.

The 720's are actually ok, IMO.

The only issue is with the mic's durability.

Still, being a Madcatz product I would be concerned with longevity in general and wouldn't buy them for more than $100.

The best gaming headset, IMO is whatever TB is the $60 one. I believe they're called like x12's these days?

You can soundwhore just as easily and sometimes even better in stereo as you can with surround because the sounds aren't pushed back into the sound stage with stereo.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#13Overd0s(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 4:07:54 PM
Tritton came up b/c someone online (a random) recommended it as i was complaining about my audio going out on my right ear lol

now i see it's made by madcatz and i refuse to buy from them, i still remember buying a Playstation 2 controller from them back in '01 that completely still pisses me off to this day...

I will probably go with Zach's DX12's and thank you for the link, since it is cheaper than what amazon is selling them for

i wouldn't mind spending more money on a better headset but honestly i'm kind of cheap, only thing i feel comfortable spending a lot of money on is food lol

on a side note, i just got a three dollar raise and a $900 bonus = D
---
Vote for my new sig:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/669289-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/65284548
#14Shura_SurplicePosted 2/17/2013 5:43:54 PM(edited)
I had the Trittons 720+ and those are pretty good for the price I had nothing to complain about, they worked perfectly and in March there will be new colors.

If you are willing to spend more I would reccomend the TBs Tangos, right now these are at $199 which is a great price for those. This is what I use at the moment.
#15SnaP2k5Posted 2/17/2013 5:25:03 PM
Turtle beast sucks astro a40 or a50 if u want wireless or tritton warhead is what I'm using now great set no complaints here
#16duericPosted 2/17/2013 5:28:26 PM
SnaP2k5 posted...
Turtle beast sucks astro a40 or a50 if u want wireless or tritton warhead is what I'm using now great set no complaints here

Astros, especially the new 2013 version are absolutely terrible. Even the new Mixamp is a POS.

See the Astro Forums for further details.

Since they've been bought out, their quality is slipping. They don't even have the MLG sponsorship going for them anymore.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#17zxrax_alt_1Posted 2/17/2013 5:32:50 PM
You can soundwhore just as easily and sometimes even better in stereo as you can with surround because the sounds aren't pushed back into the sound stage with stereo.

Laughably bulls***ty.

i wouldn't mind spending more money on a better headset but honestly i'm kind of cheap, only thing i feel comfortable spending a lot of money on is food lol

on a side note, i just got a three dollar raise and a $900 bonus = D

Dang.

If you have money to blow on something you can enjoy for more than just gaming I'd definitely recommend something like the mixamp with:

Audio Technica AD700s
Audio Technica M50
Sennheiser HD555/558/595/598
Sennheiser PC360 (which is basically the 558 with a mic attached already).

The M50s are fan-f***ing-tastic for everything, but a bit bass-heavy for gaming (especially considering BO2 is bass-heavy by default). They are monitor headphones, which means no EQ is applied and you will hear everything exactly the way it sounded in the studio. They also have a rather small soundstage, which is unfortunate for directionality in gaming but let's be honest - how much an you *really* soundwhore in BO2?

The AD700s are lighter on the bass and have a soundstage bigger than the superdome. Ideal for a gaming setup, but only good for certain types of music/movies.

The Senns are all very similar in terms of soundstage and EQ, but the higher level Senns just...sound better? Not really sure how to explain it well. Stuff sounds a bit brighter and more defined in the higher level senns. 5x5 is older, 5x8 is newer.

For all of the above, you'd have to buy a separate microphone (such as a Zalman clip mic or ideally something like the Labtec LVA-7330 that you could detach and jury-rig to the side of the headset. If you'd rather not, you can buy the Sennheiser PC360 (what I personally use). Sounds very similar to the other Senns, but it has a mic attached already.
---
http://www.twitch.tv/vraage || GT: v Raage
3770K@4.7GHz || GTX680 FTW 4GB || 8GB 2133MHz || Maximus V Extreme || 250GB SSD || 2TB HDD || H100i (CPU) + H55 (GPU)
#18zxrax_alt_1Posted 2/17/2013 5:34:40 PM
Since they've been bought out, their quality is slipping. They don't even have the MLG sponsorship going for them anymore.

Yeah, that would be because Turtle Beach paid MLG more for the branding.

The 2013 headset itself is better than the old one (still not worth $200 by itself imo), but the new mixamp isn't as good. I'd definitely prefer the old mixamp if I were to get a new wired one.
---
http://www.twitch.tv/vraage || GT: v Raage
3770K@4.7GHz || GTX680 FTW 4GB || 8GB 2133MHz || Maximus V Extreme || 250GB SSD || 2TB HDD || H100i (CPU) + H55 (GPU)
#19tellurfriends82Posted 2/17/2013 6:08:47 PM
Turtle beach xp400's were $169.99 @ best buy not too long ago. That's the best bang for you buck. Just have to wait on them to go on sale again
---
Sigma Tau Gamma
Beta Tau 196
#20wha7levenPosted 2/17/2013 6:10:03 PM
dueric posted...
SnaP2k5 posted...

Astros, especially the new 2013 version are absolutely terrible. Even the new Mixamp is a POS.

See the Astro Forums for further details.

Really? I still have my Saint Row 3 Astros, looks like I won't be getting any more :/
---
GT: That Frogman