the guns in this game are pretty balanced....

#1Redskins4Life21Posted 2/17/2013 6:45:47 PM
Most people would say SMGs are overpowered, but it isn't really the case. SMGs are short range weapons as a whole, so if you try to combat them at short range with a long range weapon you are obviously at a disadvantage. I have yet to find a weapon in this game (I only use AR and SMG, though) that is far and away better than any other. I usually arrive at a gun, think its the best, but after about a half hour I notice its deficiencies and move on.

I do hate the quickscoping with the sniper rifles, though, which is becoming more and more prevalent as time goes on. They need to nerf it, just make the draw time significantly longer. Just like you can't fast mag a LMG, you shouldn't be able to quick scope a sniper rifle. Snipers need time to set up IRL, and while COD is not like real life, it isn't an episode of family guy either.
---
Now Playing: Black Ops II
Playing Soon: Dishonored, Halo 4, Walking Dead, Hitman, Rage, Need for Speed
#2StormthornPosted 2/17/2013 8:07:37 PM
I tend to ask myself "Is this more balanced than commando knife lunging and One-Man-Army tubes in MW2?" If the answer is yes, it put it in the "pretty balanced" catagory. By that logic, btw, almost all of BO1 was well balanced.

This game, a little more issues, but still pretty good.
#3JonnywestsidePosted 2/17/2013 8:24:03 PM
The maps play in favour of SMGs and Shotguns though especially the ones that seem to come up every other game like Hijacked, Raid etc.

IMO the 870 is a little unbalanced, the high damage isn't the problem but the random pellet spread. You should be rewarded for using a weapon effectively but right now you can OSK a guy a mile away (exaggeration FTW) but hitmarker a guy in you face. No gun should be based on Luck/Randomness.

Overall though I feel they did a decent job with weapon balance.
#4__redxiii__Posted 2/17/2013 8:26:14 PM
Redskins stop making topics. Seriously you're one of those 1.2 k/d guys who thinks he's bout to go pro.
#5k1zzl3_82Posted 2/17/2013 8:30:57 PM
The only thing i have to say is HTTR
---
GT: K1ZZL3 82
#6Astro_B0mbPosted 2/17/2013 8:36:07 PM
k1zzl3_82 posted...
The only thing i have to say is HTTR

Super Bowl bound next year, you already know.
---
.:The Elite Connection:.
#7k1zzl3_82Posted 2/17/2013 8:39:05 PM
As long as RGIII stays healthy and we pick up a safety with some speed. But with this cap who knows. But with a fasr safety our D will be incredible with FredDavis and Karriker comin back
---
GT: K1ZZL3 82
#8BoyWitArabStrapPosted 2/17/2013 8:52:44 PM
I really think they are. Shotguns and SMGs are pretty even when it comes to CQC
---
Mas tragem Lucifer pra mim
Em una bandeja, pra mim
#9SullyTheStrangePosted 2/17/2013 8:58:42 PM
SMGs are short to mid range weapons.

The maps are primarily short to mid range.

Therefore, SMGs are the most useful. It's not the guns' faults... it's the damn maps.
---
All's fair in love and war, kid.
#10NidtendofreakPosted 2/17/2013 9:00:05 PM
Weapons are fine.

Maps are the problem.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.