C/D: This game really needs a mode where you only play people of your prestige

#1HHH is the gamePosted 2/18/2013 1:16:10 AM
I love COD...but I'm not exactly all that good. I generally have a K/D of .5, yesterday I even went 6 and 30 at one point in a domination game or something. I have had my share of good games (my best was probably when I went 16 and 6) but even that is probably bad to some people. My max killstreak is 10, which I got only one time ever.

Anyways, my point is, it's very frustrating when I'm getting owned by everybody because I have NO chance of touching them as they somehow kill me on sight before I can even raise my gun. It's not very fun when I have no shot of doing anything because everybody has these hardcore strategies with flanking, and camping, and items, and advanced party tactics and all of this amazing stuff...or when I try and play headquarters and there's a guy in there of max prestige pretty much taking out five guys who try to rush him at once because he's amazing....

I also can't imagine those guys are having fun shooting me over and over like target practice with no challenge.

I can't be the only guy who has ended up in a situation where one team completely dominates the game and destroys you and your teammates completely, going like 4.0 K/D and basically making it so you just keep dropping dead and can't get better because you stand no chance against these amazing players.

Anyways, why don't they have a move where you play only people of your prestige? Or some other way of doing it (because I guess you don't HAVE to prestige...so maybe just a skill level ranking of some sort maybe it's point-based like you would be if you prestiged right away all the time or something.)

That way good players can play good players, and bad players can play bad players and average players could play average players. I'd enjoy the game a lot more if I could practice fighting opponents roughly of my skill level and not the COD gods who are like prestige masters and have a playtime of like three months.
---
Shelton undoubtedly wants Cena's championship belt. And Cena undoubtedly wants Shelton's black heritage.- looseiver
#2bigbug1992Posted 2/18/2013 1:21:59 AM
Confirm. I would love to play against the high prestiges who glitched to the high levels.

Make my day SOOOOOO easy.
---
The Self-Proclaimed Master Bard of the Xbox Black Ops 2 Boards.
#3coldisgoodPosted 2/18/2013 1:22:42 AM
Prestige =\=skill. Thanks try again later.
---
M'Aiq knows that there are no babies, instead, the mother must deliever a five foot Imperial. -Sinroth
#4scrilla_oPosted 2/18/2013 1:22:57 AM
C

I already reset my stats and ill reset agein upon 1st perstige if they added this to play agienst all the bad newcomers.
---
Underground rap > mainstream rap
IMHO
#5SpinalsniperPosted 2/18/2013 1:23:07 AM
I like that idea, least to have the option to select it.
---
If there are two evils, I'll try the one I haven't done yet.
Gamer tag: Spinal101
#6HHH is the game(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 1:42:03 AM
coldisgood posted...

Not necessarily but it does correlate to it. This game you do get a lot better with in time.
---
Shelton undoubtedly wants Cena's championship belt. And Cena undoubtedly wants Shelton's black heritage.- looseiver
#7natedude0903Posted 2/18/2013 2:01:51 AM
HHH is the game posted...
coldisgood posted...

Not necessarily but it does correlate to it. This game you do get a lot better with in time.

Not always. I have a friend with maybe a .7 and he is pretty bad but he is 3rd or 4th prestige because he at least plays the objectives.
---
GT: l DatAss l (those are L's)
http://www.youtube.com/user/nategypsy0903
#8adeelPosted 2/18/2013 3:52:52 AM
HHH is the game. Play Combat Training.

Play that until you get really familiar with flank routes and being able to predict where the enemy is.

You see Combat Training gives you half XP, but you can absolute beast in a game. In a normal Kill Confirmed game mode I hit up 4k XP, in CTraining I hit around 7kXP, and that's it being halved.

I recommend having a class that forces you to run and gun and not stay behind. You don't improve in CoD if you take your time. You improve if you run, stay on your feet, learn where everyone is.

Make a class like this.

MSMC + Supresser + Quickdraw.
Park 1 Greed. Hardline + Ghost.
Toughness.
Perk 3 Greed. Engineer & Dexterity.

No secondary, no grenades, just you and your gun. Play a whole day on Combat Training, your confidence (and XP) will grow, you'll learn the maps and have more fun instead of being raged. Aim to try and get higher scorestreaks. Aim to consistently get Guardians in a game, then upgrade that to VSATS, then VTOLS, then Swarms. Move back over to a normal playlist and start to kick ass.
#9iBlackice25Posted 2/18/2013 4:05:45 AM
Prestige doesnt always measure skill, it just shows playtime, so i guess i have to go with D.
---
GT: DarknessSniperX
Youtube channel: aquaAffinity2
#10Silver17Posted 2/18/2013 4:11:50 AM
coldisgood posted...

^ That.

Somebody could be a PM and also the biggest kill feeder in the room too.

I've seen it happen plenty of times...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)