Running Low Streaks is More Effective than High Ones

#11MarkPlaysGearsPosted 2/19/2013 6:59:45 AM
Really? My friends and I all use vsat and higher and we make full groups leave all the time.
---
GT-Polak5369. K/D: 2.50-2.56 (fluxuation) Vsat/warthog/lodestar always.
#12knightimexPosted 2/19/2013 7:04:20 AM
torey_caylor posted...
If you run low streaks and you play in a full party, you're bad.

You sound a tad bit mad bro.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#13MarkPlaysGearsPosted 2/19/2013 7:09:44 AM
knightimex posted...
torey_caylor posted...
If you run low streaks and you play in a full party, you're bad.

You sound a tad bit mad bro.

This topic took a direction for the better ;)
---
#14GunSniper001Posted 2/19/2013 7:12:37 AM
What I'm curious about, is what exactly qualifies as a "low streak"? Curious because the most tryhard setup imaginable(UAV-Hellstorm-Lightning Strike) I consider a low streak setup. It's also the ONLY thing in the whole game that makes me rage so bad I almost break something when I play a party with them all doing that. I actually have a game of KC where I was killed a total of 14 times by LS and Hellstorm, yet only twice by bullets because of my teammates feeding them kills and then getting bombed to hell and back.
---
For all your Deity Wars Needs!
http://deitytrades.blogspot.com/
#15Gunther482Posted 2/19/2013 7:14:29 AM
I'd consider high score streaks to be VSAT and higher with low score streaks being CUAV and below.
#16Lord_TenseEyePosted 2/19/2013 7:16:06 AM
Jonnywestside posted...
If you get a couple of good players running any combination of UAV-Hunter Killer-Care Package-CUAV-Hellstorm Missle-Lightning Strike its impossible to defend against and will pretty much ensure that none of the enemy team will be getting their streaks. It produces extreme levels of ragee because you will cycle through it for fun.

People can say what they want but this poster is correct. For one thing, you don't get pissed off because you get your streak ended by a stupid random nade or a hunter killer drone. That might still happen but so what, it's not like you need 20 kills to get a uav.

I was in a game where I died 4 times in a row from random lightning strikes. I left the game. Of course it was partly because my team sucked. But it was also because the other team had all their streaks ready and were calling them in time after time after time.
#17shadowsofdawnPosted 2/19/2013 7:27:40 AM
Nobody should be running care package unless you suck and you run it in the hopes of maybe getting one of the high end streaks.

Take too long to call it in, high chance of getting stolen, or at least killed after grabbing it, rarely gives you anything better than a sentry gun.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#18MarkPlaysGearsPosted 2/19/2013 7:31:15 AM
Lord_TenseEye posted...
Jonnywestside posted...
If you get a couple of good players running any combination of UAV-Hunter Killer-Care Package-CUAV-Hellstorm Missle-Lightning Strike its impossible to defend against and will pretty much ensure that none of the enemy team will be getting their streaks. It produces extreme levels of ragee because you will cycle through it for fun.

People can say what they want but this poster is correct. For one thing, you don't get pissed off because you get your streak ended by a stupid random nade or a hunter killer drone. That might still happen but so what, it's not like you need 20 kills to get a uav.

I was in a game where I died 4 times in a row from random lightning strikes. I left the game. Of course it was partly because my team sucked. But it was also because the other team had all their streaks ready and were calling them in time after time after time.

Yeah but when I get my vsat its fairly easy to get a few kills to get the higher streaks. And even if I die before my highest streak, if I'm playing with a party, someone else will get a vsat and it just chains on.

I understand multiple lightning strikes are annoying and if your team sucked, then the other team could probably get a vsat, warthog (which is only like 1 kill after) and a lodestar. Now this makes most people leave.

And did that poster really say care package??? Such a waste of time waiting for it to drop when you can just choose your streaks and get them.

And with hardline vsat is not hard except for TDM where you would have to camp to get it in repetition.
---
#19KILLSTREAKPosted 2/19/2013 7:50:47 AM
I find that some of the low streaks are more tactical and can be got multiple times - but it always depends on the lobby. Dropping sentries and guardians around the map can be devastating - especially if you pop your sentry at the back of your spawn and then cause the spawns to switch, but all it takes is someone with an emp grenade or black hat and they are useless. hellstorm missile and lightning strike are fantastic streaks but struggle to get as many kills as a well placed sentry hypothetically could..

The problem with the high streaks is that most of the time if you have one of them, you would have won anyway, it wasn't a game changer - all they do a lot of the time is seal the enemies fate.
#20IronMonkey008Posted 2/19/2013 7:58:10 AM(edited)
I say as long as you have VSAT as a kill streak you are good to go, this OP kill streak is a must have. Even if someone has trouble getting higher kill streaks you can justrun two low level ones with it and have VSAT there for when you do get high enough or when a teammate calls in their own VSAT and you chain off theirs.
---
- My Games - http://backloggery.com/IronMonkey008
- My Books - http://www.goodreads.com/IronMonkey008