so i guess footstep are still OP?

#1XT3M3Posted 2/19/2013 10:14:01 AM
No buff to how audible they are. After 4 months

Love how I can still get killed by the guy running full speed behind me w/o dead silence.
---
YT|Ownal0t GT| oZdReaZiii WrSx
Teams/Divsion standing Nets: 31-22 2nd place| Yankees OFF| Giants OFF| Islanders 4-7-1 5th Place
#2TimmotheussPosted 2/19/2013 10:25:06 AM
Treyarchs never been a fan of sound for whatever reason, vonderhaar is probably deaf and has an implanted voice box in his throat.

The only reason to buy a headset now is to hear those obscene vocal cues super crisp from enemies when you kill someone near them.
---
GT: Pipnotiq
#3Juzten76Posted 2/19/2013 10:27:03 AM
I hear them just fine. Forget dead silence, use awareness.
#4AlexanaxelaPosted 2/19/2013 10:27:04 AM
i prefer it this way where people can run around without being soundwhore as opposed to how it was in mw3 with "you have to either camp or crouch walk everywhere at all times not to be soundwhored."
---
Hadn't he said he wanted only justice? But I couldn't. I could not tell her.
It would have been too dark, too dark altogether.
#5AdaptBlade_KxmPosted 2/19/2013 10:28:04 AM
I'm glad they don't punish movement as much with soundwhoring, poor mw3 and sitrep pro....
---
Put Ya Guns On! After all...What've I got to lose? GT: The God Arm
---
#6XT3M3(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 10:35:43 AM
I know we are still scarred from the sit rep pro thing. But honestly before that in the other games, yoou had to be careful with what you did. With perk choices there. Were pros and cons. In this game for the footsteps ones it feels like their are none
---
YT|Ownal0t GT| oZdReaZiii WrSx
Teams/Divsion standing Nets: 31-22 2nd place| Yankees OFF| Giants OFF| Islanders 4-7-1 5th Place
#7AlexanaxelaPosted 2/19/2013 10:37:27 AM
all such a thing does is take a main advantage from rushing and gives it to campers
---
Hadn't he said he wanted only justice? But I couldn't. I could not tell her.
It would have been too dark, too dark altogether.
#8fatclemenzaPosted 2/19/2013 10:39:40 AM
all such a thing does is take a main advantage from rushing and gives it to campers

Pre-MW3, Dead Silence had no counter, and pre-MW2, there was no footstep amplifying sound. I see no reason why it shouldn't go back to that, especially with garbo maps and random spawns combining to make sure you have no idea where the other team is.
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#9darkshadowmasterPosted 2/19/2013 10:40:17 AM
For the most part it doesn't bother me anymore but it is incredibly frustrating when you get killed from behind from someone that has been in an all out sprint directly behind you for the past 3-4 seconds but yet sound there is no sound from them whatsoever, and with these horrid spawns that happens quite frequently.

I'm not saying I want MW3 footsteps back as you could actually tell where someone was on the opposite side of the map with those but going from one extreme to the next was asinine.

I am happy they at least included them on Downhill.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#10GreatKiraLordPosted 2/19/2013 10:41:02 AM
3arc sucks, that's why.