so i guess footstep are still OP?

#11AlexanaxelaPosted 2/19/2013 10:41:33 AM
why should there be a counter to not being heard again? So you can soundwhore? Oh ok
---
Hadn't he said he wanted only justice? But I couldn't. I could not tell her.
It would have been too dark, too dark altogether.
#12BrockObamaPosted 2/19/2013 10:43:49 AM
No. Footsteps are exactly how they should be in this game. If anything, Awareness is still a little overpowered, because Awareness should not be able to cancel out Dead Silence to any degree.

This set-up actually discourages passive gameplay. In previous games, too many good players would wait in position until footsteps were heard. Now, there's a little more strategy involved.
#13HitokiriFelixPosted 2/19/2013 10:57:55 AM
BrockObama posted...
No. Footsteps are exactly how they should be in this game. If anything, Awareness is still a little overpowered, because Awareness should not be able to cancel out Dead Silence to any degree.

This set-up actually discourages passive gameplay. In previous games, too many good players would wait in position until footsteps were heard. Now, there's a little more strategy involved.

>Discourages passive gameplay
>Awareness users can't listen for enemy footsteps over the sound of their own, they have to camp and wait
>dead silence is literally useless
what game are you playing?
---
Xbox Live: xXSpaceFlowerXx
#14AdaptBlade_KxmPosted 2/19/2013 10:58:02 AM
XT3M3 posted...
I know we are still scarred from the sit rep pro thing. But honestly before that in the other games, yoou had to be careful with what you did. With perk choices there. Were pros and cons. In this game for the footsteps ones it feels like their are none

I could deal with the upgrade to footstep noise if Ninja was a tier 2 perk.
AND as long as MW3 god mode sitrep pro never ever comes back!
---
Put Ya Guns On! After all...What've I got to lose? GT: The God Arm
---
#15ThisIsMithosPosted 2/19/2013 11:00:34 AM
TC, you mad you can't rely on something most players don't even use? The headset thing is stupid anyway. I realize it makes the game come alive and it sounds better, but being able to have an edge using a headset is stupid, so I like it this way. The more winning is determined by gun skill, the better. Soundwhoring is lame.
---
GT: Aero SSX
#16AirRawr_Posted 2/19/2013 11:01:53 AM(edited)
TC, you mad you can't rely on something most players don't even use? The headset thing is stupid anyway. I realize it makes the game come alive and it sounds better, but being able to have an edge using a headset is stupid, so I like it this way. The more winning is determined by gun skill, the better. Soundwhoring is lame.

poor

oh and also you're bad and should never post again. I don't know how I forgot to mention that
---
this guy I_dont_die is trolling around this message board talking trash - ZEERO_04
http://i37.tinypic.com/x1wt2u.jpg
#17fatclemenzaPosted 2/19/2013 11:02:18 AM
The more winning is determined by gun skill, the better. Soundwhoring is lame.

lol @ "gun skill" when lag, flinch, random recoil and random hipfire dictate every engagement
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#18ThisIsMithosPosted 2/19/2013 11:04:45 AM
AirRawr_ posted...

poor

oh and also you're bad and should never post again. I don't know how I forgot to mention that

Poor? I owned a tritton and sold it because I never used it. Confirmed for bad/mad.
---
GT: Aero SSX
#19AirRawr_Posted 2/19/2013 11:20:14 AM
AirRawr_ posted...

poor

Poor? I owned a tritton and sold it because I never used it. Confirmed for bad/mad.

so basically you are a hypocrite and bad at cod ok go back to your snowboarding that you probably suck at too
---
this guy I_dont_die is trolling around this message board talking trash - ZEERO_04
http://i37.tinypic.com/x1wt2u.jpg
#20XT3M3(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 1:10:18 PM
darkshadowmaster posted...
For the most part it doesn't bother me anymore but it is incredibly frustrating when you get killed from behind from someone that has been in an all out sprint directly behind you for the past 3-4 seconds but yet sound there is no sound from them whatsoever, and with these horrid spawns that happens quite frequently.

I'm not saying I want MW3 footsteps back as you could actually tell where someone was on the opposite side of the map with those but going from one extreme to the next was asinine.

I am happy they at least included them on Downhill.

this guy gets it,

ThisIsMithos posted...

cod and gun skill really dont mix anymore.

you have have the best "insert weapon here" shot. once the game turns on you and starts to lag it up and add in other stupid varibles Gunskill is gone.

as for the soundwhoring part. i never once mentioned a headset. i remember from before i got TBS i could still here Footsteps off my TV just fine.all i said was " why is the draw back of NOT using Dead silence no longer a drawback"

if you are going to have the footsteps at its current level get rid of dead silence and awareness and add 2 new perks.

JW. were your trittons a gift? cause your first post and your last post dont match. : /
---
YT|Ownal0t GT| oZdReaZiii WrSx
Teams/Divsion standing Nets: 31-22 2nd place| Yankees OFF| Giants OFF| Islanders 4-7-1 5th Place