Placebo or not, Grip makes a noticeable difference for me

#1TimmotheussPosted 2/19/2013 10:42:17 AM
I know all of the facts with it being only a 2% increase in recenter speed and such, and it being even lower on SMGs but darn it there is a difference and I notice it. I switched from using an MP7 suppressed ;(which actually causes a 2% decrease in recenter speed) and without grip to an unsilenced MP7 with Grip and its phenomenal. The recoil pattern and visual kick reduction overall seems a lot more than the 4% total difference would have me or anyone else believe.

I've also used it not the type 25 and the scar and there's a noticeable difference on those as well, although surprisingly not so much on the scar. Perhaps the fact that recenter speed is high as is for certain weapons makes the difference more substantial because its based off a percentage? Not sure, but while the grip obviously doesn't have as much of an impact as it has in previous games its just enough for me to use it IMO. I'd use the laser sight if I hipfired more but I always seem to ADS even in hipfire range so it makes that attachment pointless for me to use.
---
GT: Pipnotiq
#2gameflakPosted 2/19/2013 10:45:11 AM
I've noticed a difference with it too, particularly at longer ranges with both the MP7 and the AN94.

It doesn't make a noticeable difference at shorter ranges, but that 2% improvement is noticeable at longer range.
---
If it's true that we learn from our mistakes, then I should be a frickin' genius by now.
#3FlashCannonPosted 2/19/2013 10:45:11 AM
lol dude, i haven't been listening to everyone spouting nonsensical crap about the grip attachment. it can improve nearly every weapon you put it on. the only one that doesn't do well with grip i've noticed is the MTAR. don't listen to everyone else talking about how bad it is, cause i really isn't, people just aren't very observant, it obviously helps a lot with recoil.
#4Ha_D00DPosted 2/19/2013 10:48:53 AM
FlashCannon posted...
lol dude, i haven't been listening to everyone spouting nonsensical crap about the grip attachment. it can improve nearly every weapon you put it on. the only one that doesn't do well with grip i've noticed is the MTAR. don't listen to everyone else talking about how bad it is, cause i really isn't, people just aren't very observant, it obviously helps a lot with recoil.

Disputing statistical fact IS nonsensical crap. The difference it makes is negligible. Your opinion does not change that.
---
We'll settle this with violence. Come on, give it all you got. We'll settle this with bullets. Go ahead, take your best shot.
#5patkelly929Posted 2/19/2013 10:49:32 AM
If you're running around hip-firing, you're not going to see a difference. You're not using the attachment. If you're aiming down your sights, you are.

For a good reference, use the Skorpion EVO with the grip, and without the grip. The recoil is much lower when you use the attachment.
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever
#6FlashCannonPosted 2/19/2013 10:51:32 AM
Ha_D00D posted...
FlashCannon posted...

Disputing statistical fact IS nonsensical crap. The difference it makes is negligible. Your opinion does not change that.

dude. lol. just...no. take that attitude and bottle it up and never let it out again.
#7HitokiriFelixPosted 2/19/2013 10:55:35 AM
"Placebo or not, I like placebos."
Okay we get it, you like wasting your points on useless crap.
---
Xbox Live: xXSpaceFlowerXx
#8qHumanAfterAllpPosted 2/19/2013 10:56:05 AM
Ha_D00D posted...
FlashCannon posted...

2% is just a number. Play the game and see that it makes a big difference on some guns.
#9dgcoolPosted 2/19/2013 11:04:29 AM(edited)
Silencer (-2%) vs. ACOG+Grip (+4%) is a 6% variation; which incidentally is about how strong grip alone was in BO1. In this situation, you could probably notice a very small, though probably still statistically insignificant, difference.
#10gameflakPosted 2/19/2013 12:39:40 PM
dgcool posted...
Silencer (-2%) vs. ACOG+Grip (+4%) is a 6% variation; which incidentally is about how strong grip alone was in BO1. In this situation, you could probably notice a very small, though probably still statistically insignificant, difference.

This is true. I believe for something to be statistically significant, it has to make at least an 8% difference. However, Mark Twain once said; "There are lies, damn lies; and then there are statistics."

(The point being; statistics don't tell the whole story)
---
If it's true that we learn from our mistakes, then I should be a frickin' genius by now.