Theoretical change #1: EMP disables class switching.

#1BeastlyIguanaPosted 2/19/2013 11:16:22 AM
Do you think this would be balanced? OP, UP?

New topic idea, I'll propse a change Treyarch could make and we'll discuss it. Note that in no way am I suggesting that they actually do this, it's merely for discussion.
---
Instead of being a Weiner why don't you explain -axelfooley2k5
#2L4DMalusPosted 2/19/2013 11:17:56 AM
So, what you are proposing is that if you get hit with an EMP, you are not allowed to switch classes for it's duration? I don't think it would be a terribly bad idea. I don't see EMP hardly ever and the only times I do see it, the thing has come out of a Care Package.
---
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world" - Gandhi
#3BeastlyIguana(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 11:19:21 AM
L4DMalus posted...
So, what you are proposing is that if you get hit with an EMP, you are not allowed to switch classes for it's duration? I don't think it would be a terribly bad idea. I don't see EMP hardly ever and the only times I do see it, the thing has come out of a Care Package.

Yeah, that's what I meant.
---
#4SevenDayCandlePosted 2/19/2013 11:20:22 AM
Yea that seems fair. Why don't we also give the same effects to the EMP grenade? They're definitely not spammed all over maps.
#5BeastlyIguana(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 11:23:02 AM
SevenDayCandle posted...
Yea that seems fair. Why don't we also give the same effects to the EMP grenade? They're definitely not spammed all over maps.

Good point. The EMP grenade most definitely does not need a buff, so perhaps they would not do disable class changing.
---
#6BeastlyIguana(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 11:27:03 AM
Oh, and if you have an idea, shoot me a PM, I'll credit you in the OP. I'll try to put these up with somewhat regularity.
---
#7puzzlefitePosted 2/19/2013 1:06:25 PM
EMP is fine the way it is. Maybe extend it to 45 seconds but still no big deal. Sure for its cost it is garbage by itself and if you manage to get one then most likely you won't be destroying a Lodestar with it because in my games there's usually only 1 person on the way to 10+ kills.

I use it with VSAT and it's even more satisfying knowing that all traps are cleared and everyone has a silencer plus easy EMP assist points.

My scorestreaks UAV, VSAT, EMP.

Once I get a EMP/VSAT combo I wait until a UAV or a lethal scorestreak or my FHJ is used up. This means 2 scenarios:
A. I get 30 points an assist and whoever tries to shoot down the UAV is usually by themselves and a sitting duck.
B. I actually prefer someone to use a HKD so I can destroy it instantly. Then VSAT. The Hunted now become the Hunter. (I might not make it to my 2nd VSAT if this happens but it's still quite satisfying.)

Currently deciding if I'm better off EMPing the hostile care package copter and stealing it or shooting down the copter and EMPing whatever comes out of the care package.
---
Gamertag: Crash Geom
#8chessmyantidrugPosted 2/19/2013 1:10:47 PM
The scorestreak itself should be extended. I believe EMPs are only active for 40 seconds. I personally think it should be a full minute.

As for disabling class switching, that's just silly. If it should prevent anything more than it already does, it's leaving the game.
#9pdt149Posted 2/19/2013 1:30:15 PM
Why does one of the top 6 killstreaks need a buff?
---
GT: OMG MOJO
#10Mitchach0Posted 2/19/2013 2:00:56 PM
I would prefer to see EMPs disable enemy communication on mics. On that note, perhaps Awareness could use the buff of being able to hear enemy communication at all times.