Stopping power made shotguns consistent OHKO weapons

#1Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 2/20/2013 3:01:49 AM
Stopping power made shotguns consistent OHKO weapons. - Results (82 votes)
Yes.
43.9% (36 votes)
Shotguns in COD games are consistent without stopping power.
31.71% (26 votes)
I'm on the wrong board.
24.39% (20 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I say stopping power did make it more consistent, as doing more damage seemed to be able to bypass any lag that would have made inconsistent.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#2Aether_LyricPosted 2/20/2013 3:05:00 AM
Shotgun power was buffed to account for lack of Stopping Power so I don't think it makes a difference
#3Kant_Remoob_Eht(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 3:12:14 AM(edited)
Aether_Lyric posted...
Shotgun power was buffed to account for lack of Stopping Power so I don't think it makes a difference

If they did, then the lag just got worse to make up for it.
---
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#4Faust_8Posted 2/20/2013 3:23:08 AM
I don't see the point of this topic.

The R870 does 50 damage per pellet at its maximum, which no shotgun in CoD4 or MW2 did unless they had Stopping Power.

Also, the shotguns in BO1 were pretty consistent if you had Steady Aim or aimed.

You can make shotguns consistent if you don't give them complete ass accuracy from the hip, don't drop their damage off too early, and don't have terrible minimum damage. Forcing the use of Stopping Power to make them usable is a stupid way to do it.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#5Kant_Remoob_Eht(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 3:28:05 AM
Faust_8 posted...
I don't see the point of this topic.

The R870 does 50 damage per pellet at its maximum, which no shotgun in CoD4 or MW2 did unless they had Stopping Power.

Also, the shotguns in BO1 were pretty consistent if you had Steady Aim or aimed.

You can make shotguns consistent if you don't give them complete ass accuracy from the hip, don't drop their damage off too early, and don't have terrible minimum damage. Forcing the use of Stopping Power to make them usable is a stupid way to do it.

Don't forget to include the inconsistency of the other shotguns.
---
#6Faust_8Posted 2/20/2013 3:33:31 AM
If there is a single consistent shotgun (except KSG) then it already invalidates your argument.

Not to mention the first BO where I found the SPAS and Olympia very consistent.

The two weak shotguns are inconsistent because Treyarch stupidly made their damage and hipfire in such a way to assure they WOULD be inconsistent unless you aim perfectly while ADS and while being close enough.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#7Kant_Remoob_Eht(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 3:35:00 AM
Faust_8 posted...
If there is a single consistent shotgun (except KSG) then it already invalidates your argument.

Not to mention the first BO where I found the SPAS and Olympia very consistent.

The two weak shotguns are inconsistent because Treyarch stupidly made their damage and hipfire in such a way to assure they WOULD be inconsistent unless you aim perfectly while ADS and while being close enough.

This is assuming that all of the shotguns are consistent when lag isn't happening.... and in a COD game, lag is always happening.
---
#8SpinalsniperPosted 2/20/2013 3:38:33 AM
What does "OHKO" stand for? Seriously, seen this a few times. Forgive me for not speaking text.

OREO flavored
HOTDOGS
KILL
OBESITY

Seriously...help
---
If there are two evils, I'll try the one I haven't done yet.
Gamer tag: Spinal101
#9Kant_Remoob_Eht(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 3:39:00 AM
Spinalsniper posted...
What does "OHKO" stand for? Seriously, seen this a few times. Forgive me for not speaking text.

OREO flavored
HOTDOGS
KILL
OBESITY

Seriously...help

Yes.
---
#10AlexanaxelaPosted 2/20/2013 9:05:06 AM
i don't understand the topic. "A perk that raises damage made weapons more consistent"? Really? Water = wet, more at eleven
---
Updawg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/ovhargro/1252274902550.jpg