Why do people care about stuff like hacked stats or boosting?

#1ThisIsMithosPosted 2/20/2013 4:01:47 PM
I don't do either, because I think it's a complete waste of time, but what difference does it make gameplay wise? I would rather Treyarch focus on balancing the actual gameplay, rather than banning people for boosting headshots, or for boosting unlocks, or even stuff like making dirty emblems.

Honestly, this stuff is really petty. People used to complain about those who boosted pro preks in Black Ops 1. Well guess what? Some of those pro perks were stupidly annoying to get, and really, who cares? It isn't like you can boost to gain extra abilities or a more powerful gun. The gameplay isn't effected, so why are you?
---
GT: Aero SSX
#2Mander1861Posted 2/20/2013 4:03:12 PM
Because they have no life to speak of.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 133 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.
#3CammyApplePosted 2/20/2013 4:05:57 PM
ThisIsMithos posted...
I don't do either, because I think it's a complete waste of time, but what difference does it make gameplay wise? I would rather Treyarch focus on balancing the actual gameplay, rather than banning people for boosting headshots, or for boosting unlocks, or even stuff like making dirty emblems.

Honestly, this stuff is really petty. People used to complain about those who boosted pro preks in Black Ops 1. Well guess what? Some of those pro perks were stupidly annoying to get, and really, who cares? It isn't like you can boost to gain extra abilities or a more powerful gun. The gameplay isn't effected, so why are you?

Why do you care if they care?
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#4moridin7632Posted 2/20/2013 4:06:37 PM
I don't care about hacked stats or even the unlocks/stats people get from boosting.

I do care, though, when a boosting pair is in my lobby due to the simple fact that it can screw over one team of the game. Its annoying and I try to make thier boosting more difficult for as long as I can.
---
To understand the future, we must go back in time
#5ThisIsMithos(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 4:12:03 PM
CammyApple posted...
ThisIsMithos posted...

Why do you care that I care if they care?
---
#6ollie229Posted 2/20/2013 4:13:17 PM
ThisIsMithos posted...

Because when I see something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/rESTmRg.jpg

I immediately begin to wonder if they might have some magical dippity do da crap that's going to give them the upper hand when I come up on them in the match.
---
What? No Weather Dominator? You just expect the weather to dominate itself, huh? That's so unprofessional.
#7ThisIsMithos(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 4:15:48 PM
ollie229 posted...
ThisIsMithos posted...

I immediately begin to wonder if they might have some magical dippity do da crap that's going to give them the upper hand when I come up on them in the match.

And if happen to get in a match with someone that's hacking or boosting, the most you need to do is report them and move on. People complain about it like it effects the entire game. Just report the guy and move on. Takes like 10 seconds.
---
#8CammyApplePosted 2/20/2013 4:17:10 PM
ThisIsMithos posted...
CammyApple posted...
ThisIsMithos posted...

Why do you care that I care if they care?

Why do you care if I care that you care that they care?
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#9AdaptBlade_KxmPosted 2/20/2013 4:17:27 PM
It ruins lobbies as mentioned.

Part of the fun is leaderboards and that ruins it for some people.
younger people just dont understand, they need instant gratification boosting for whatever reason. Im an oldschool gamer where if you could beat a game other gamers were jealous since theyd never seen lvl 4. Boosting for anything just makes that thing less valuable.
---
Put Ya Guns On! After all...What've I got to lose? GT: The God Arm
---
#10Mumble_Posted 2/20/2013 4:19:35 PM
ollie229 posted...
ThisIsMithos posted...

Thats actually a glitch involving local play. Its random and you can't make it happen. He just had friends over and played local one day. Then the next his stats were glitched and he lost everything in favor for some random stuff. I hope you didn't report him without knowing.
---
HELLO!!!