Why do people care about stuff like hacked stats or boosting?

#11duericPosted 2/20/2013 3:22:48 PM
Because on the internet. people care about everything.

In real life, nobody gives a s***.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#12ThisIsMithos(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 3:25:24 PM
AdaptBlade_Kxm posted...
It ruins lobbies as mentioned.

Part of the fun is leaderboards and that ruins it for some people.
younger people just dont understand, they need instant gratification boosting for whatever reason. Im an oldschool gamer where if you could beat a game other gamers were jealous since theyd never seen lvl 4. Boosting for anything just makes that thing less valuable.

Maybe it's best people stopped caring about stats then. Because they're completely void of meaning to begin with. I don't think that's a bad thing at all. Video games, in of themselves mean nothing already. They're there to pass the time, or should be. I think it's healthier to play for the sake of playing, rather than for the leaderboards, because then you lose the very meaning of playing the games IMO.

I've played games my whole life, almost 20 years now. And one thing I've learned is that video games have no true value outside of creating fun. They don't make you healthier. They don't contribute to your social skills and they're nothing more than pixels on a screen. I think it's fitting to treat them as such.
---
GT: Aero SSX
#13ollie229Posted 2/20/2013 3:29:05 PM
ThisIsMithos posted...
ollie229 posted...
ThisIsMithos posted...
I don't do either, because I think it's a complete waste of time, but what difference does it make gameplay wise? I would rather Treyarch focus on balancing the actual gameplay, rather than banning people for boosting headshots, or for boosting unlocks, or even stuff like making dirty emblems.

Honestly, this stuff is really petty. People used to complain about those who boosted pro preks in Black Ops 1. Well guess what? Some of those pro perks were stupidly annoying to get, and really, who cares? It isn't like you can boost to gain extra abilities or a more powerful gun. The gameplay isn't effected, so why are you?

Because when I see something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/rESTmRg.jpg

I immediately begin to wonder if they might have some magical dippity do da crap that's going to give them the upper hand when I come up on them in the match.

And if happen to get in a match with someone that's hacking or boosting, the most you need to do is report them and move on. People complain about it like it effects the entire game. Just report the guy and move on. Takes like 10 seconds.

Just so I've got this right....I'm not allowed to post on the boards about someone hacking/boosting but you're allowed to post on the boards complaining about me posting about someone that's hacking/boosting? Sounds legit....

I do report them. And they can most certainly affect the game and myself. When some punk sits in a corner and boosts until he gets himself a swarm or k9 unit most certainly affects me. And then I have to start making an effort to cruise by where he's set up shop to disrupt him every so often. But I guess you are right, I shouldn't let it bother me. I should just ignore my deaths from Spot and just report the guy.
---
What? No Weather Dominator? You just expect the weather to dominate itself, huh? That's so unprofessional.
#14ollie229Posted 2/20/2013 3:33:40 PM
Mumble_ posted...
ollie229 posted...
ThisIsMithos posted...
I don't do either, because I think it's a complete waste of time, but what difference does it make gameplay wise? I would rather Treyarch focus on balancing the actual gameplay, rather than banning people for boosting headshots, or for boosting unlocks, or even stuff like making dirty emblems.

Honestly, this stuff is really petty. People used to complain about those who boosted pro preks in Black Ops 1. Well guess what? Some of those pro perks were stupidly annoying to get, and really, who cares? It isn't like you can boost to gain extra abilities or a more powerful gun. The gameplay isn't effected, so why are you?

I immediately begin to wonder if they might have some magical dippity do da crap that's going to give them the upper hand when I come up on them in the match.

Thats actually a glitch involving local play. Its random and you can't make it happen. He just had friends over and played local one day. Then the next his stats were glitched and he lost everything in favor for some random stuff. I hope you didn't report him without knowing.

No, I knew it was the glitch. But I came across that guy the other day and took a picture of it (mainly because I like that his deadliest killstreak was the c-uav) and it's as close as I could find to something resembling the hacked stats I've seen.
---
What? No Weather Dominator? You just expect the weather to dominate itself, huh? That's so unprofessional.
#15ThisIsMithos(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 3:36:48 PM
ollie229 posted...
ThisIsMithos posted...
ollie229 posted...
ThisIsMithos posted...

And if happen to get in a match with someone that's hacking or boosting, the most you need to do is report them and move on. People complain about it like it effects the entire game. Just report the guy and move on. Takes like 10 seconds.

Just so I've got this right....I'm not allowed to post on the boards about someone hacking/boosting but you're allowed to post on the boards complaining about me posting about someone that's hacking/boosting? Sounds legit....

I do report them. And they can most certainly affect the game and myself. When some punk sits in a corner and boosts until he gets himself a swarm or k9 unit most certainly affects me. And then I have to start making an effort to cruise by where he's set up shop to disrupt him every so often. But I guess you are right, I shouldn't let it bother me. I should just ignore my deaths from Spot and just report the guy.

My original post wasn't pertaining to in-game hacking actually. If they're in you're game, that's a different story. I meant that people shouldn't blow a gasket over someone's hacked stats they find when looking at combat records while sitting in a lobby. lol People here are so grumpy. Too much gaming/computers/etc does that though.
---
GT: Aero SSX
#16ollie229Posted 2/20/2013 3:40:02 PM
ThisIsMithos posted...
ollie229 posted...
ThisIsMithos posted...
ollie229 posted...
ThisIsMithos posted...

My original post wasn't pertaining to in-game hacking actually. If they're in you're game, that's a different story. I meant that people shouldn't blow a gasket over someone's hacked stats they find when looking at combat records while sitting in a lobby. lol People here are so grumpy. Too much gaming/computers/etc does that though.

And my original response addressed your original response. If I'm in a lobby and notice someone with shady stats, I'm going to automatically assume that they are not entirely legit and might have other things going on. They might not. But I think it's a pretty good indicator.
---
#17Sega9599Posted 2/20/2013 3:49:23 PM
ThisIsMithos posted...

You need to play W@W where quite literally every single match has hackers in them. And these hackers can also derank you, and give you a load of negative experience points, so it'll be forever before you reach level 1 again.

But uh yeah....don't worry about hackers, they're all good!
---
Waiting for Mirrors Edge 2 and a new 'proper' Shining Force.