The Pros and Cons of MW3's Support Package and what can be done to improve it

#31shadowsofdawnPosted 2/21/2013 9:54:02 PM
HHH is the game posted...
snicklecuck posted...
shadowsofdawn posted...
BO2 rewards objective players, by giving them much higher score earned from the objective than kills. MW3 rewarded reckless players who could go 20-50 and still get streak rewards.

A player who died 12 times trying to blindly cap a flag doesn't deserve anything.

Why? that's stupid. You don't get any points for killing in Domination so it doesn't matter how many times you die, just matters if you catch the flag. That's why I like that mode better sometimes. I die like 20 times but nobody in my team ever even goes for the flag. Eventually I get it and then it doesn't matter hwo much they killed me. Yeah they "leveled up" but now I'm going to win the game.

There 2 types of objective player: good ones and bad ones.

Good ones: sweep the area surrounding the objective, eliminate enemies in the expected spots, and secure the area before capping/planting.

Bad ones: Dolphin dive onto the flag and get shot by 4 different people.

BO2 did it perfectly, the good objective player gets a ton of points and great streaks, and the bad one gets squat.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#32adeelPosted 2/22/2013 2:45:08 AM
Whoever said EMP was underpowered in MW3 needs to stop smoking the green and get some fresh air.

It was easily one of the most overpowered things in the game.

I'm a good player on assault. So on support I'm God Mode. Same as my friends.

Getting 3 EMPs in a usual game, my friend getting 2 and my not so talented friend getting 1. That's 6 minutes of the opposite team unable to call a single thing in. EMP should've only been in the assault.
#33HHH is the gamePosted 2/22/2013 3:07:02 AM
shadowsofdawn posted...
snicklecuck posted...
shadowsofdawn posted...
BO2 rewards objective players, by giving them much higher score earned from the objective than kills. MW3 rewarded reckless players who could go 20-50 and still get streak rewards.

A player who died 12 times trying to blindly cap a flag doesn't deserve anything.

Why? that's stupid. You don't get any points for killing in Domination so it doesn't matter how many times you die, just matters if you catch the flag. That's why I like that mode better sometimes. I die like 20 times but nobody in my team ever even goes for the flag. Eventually I get it and then it doesn't matter hwo much they killed me. Yeah they "leveled up" but now I'm going to win the game.

There 2 types of objective player: good ones and bad ones.

Good ones: sweep the area surrounding the objective, eliminate enemies in the expected spots, and secure the area before capping/planting.

Bad ones: Dolphin dive onto the flag and get shot by 4 different people.

BO2 did it perfectly, the good objective player gets a ton of points and great streaks, and the bad one gets squat.

People care about K/D too much. You get points for capturing the flag. So yeah I always run to the flag and lie prone. Sometimes I get killed. A lot of times actually. But sometimes I get it and that's all that matters. At the very least I distract people towards me, and if Im lucky I can kill them before they kill me.
---
Shelton undoubtedly wants Cena's championship belt. And Cena undoubtedly wants Shelton's black heritage.- looseiver
#34fatclemenzaPosted 2/22/2013 6:02:41 AM
People care about K/D too much. You get points for capturing the flag. So yeah I always run to the flag and lie prone. Sometimes I get killed. A lot of times actually. But sometimes I get it and that's all that matters. At the very least I distract people towards me, and if Im lucky I can kill them before they kill me.

You're the reason your teammates constantly hear "enemy Orbital VSAT above". No wonder you advocate the Support Package.
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#35trakrunr4evrPosted 2/22/2013 7:13:40 AM
adeel posted...
Whoever said EMP was underpowered in MW3 needs to stop smoking the green and get some fresh air.

Getting 3 EMPs in a usual game, my friend getting 2 and my not so talented friend getting 1. That's 6 minutes of the opposite team unable to call a single thing in. EMP should've only been in the assault.

I said it wasn't as useful in MW3 as it is in BO2 because of how Assassin worked. Enemy could use an EMP and you would still have a radar because of Assassin. If they made it like BO2 where everyone's radar was removed it would have been a lot better.
---
GT: Stelthmastr
#36Zero IXPosted 2/22/2013 7:17:46 AM
BOII improved the Support "Strike Package" by eliminating it from the game.

Problem solved
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#37Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 2/22/2013 7:22:27 AM
trakrunr4evr posted...
adeel posted...

I said it wasn't as useful in MW3 as it is in BO2 because of how Assassin worked. Enemy could use an EMP and you would still have a radar because of Assassin. If they made it like BO2 where everyone's radar was removed it would have been a lot better.

Actually... the EMP in the MW3 support class.... was a support killstreak.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#38AlexanaxelaPosted 2/22/2013 8:21:08 AM

i hope you're never on my team
---
Hadn't he said he wanted only justice? But I couldn't. I could not tell her.
It would have been too dark, too dark altogether.
#39theLongR0DPosted 2/22/2013 8:30:06 AM
Alexanaxela posted...

i hope you're never on my team

I hope he is always on my team. While he is capping the flags I can take out all of the chumps not playing the objective and hop on it with him afterwards. We get the capture and I end all of the visions of high kill streaks. Instead I get the "slayer" who not only doesn't cap, but is terrible and has no chance of "slaying" anyone.
#40AlexanaxelaPosted 2/22/2013 8:37:44 AM
great now imagine two or three of these guys on your team, who think the entire point of domination is to immediately run to the nearest enemy team and lay prone on it over and over again. They're usually the same people who after finally capping that b flag after 10 straight deaths, after i took out all the enemies camping it, immediately abandon it and just let the enemy recapture it 10 seconds later
---
Hadn't he said he wanted only justice? But I couldn't. I could not tell her.
It would have been too dark, too dark altogether.