Theoretical change #4: Treyarch removes K/D ratio tracking.

#11LandonioPosted 2/22/2013 9:54:41 AM
If they made it available on Elite, I would be down for that for sure. Game would probably be a lot more fun..
---
ROLL TIDE
Playing:Halo 4, Dark Souls, Resident Evil 4: HD, Resident Evil 5: Gold, SF3: 3rd Strike Online, PB Winterbottom
#12theLongR0DPosted 2/22/2013 9:55:31 AM
Landonio posted...
If they made it available on Elite, I would be down for that for sure. Game would probably be a lot more fun..

no

then nothing would change
#13Gunther482Posted 2/22/2013 9:58:28 AM
theLongR0D posted...
Landonio posted...

no

Eh. Most people aren't ambitious enough to check everyone's K/D on Elite before a match starts.
#14theLongR0DPosted 2/22/2013 10:05:03 AM
Gunther482 posted...
theLongR0D posted...
Landonio posted...

no

Eh. Most people aren't ambitious enough to check everyone's K/D on Elite before a match starts.

but they would still be worried about their own
#15LannekirPosted 2/22/2013 10:18:05 AM
theLongR0D posted...
Gunther482 posted...
theLongR0D posted...
Landonio posted...

no

but they would still be worried about their own

This.

And just to reiterate the unanimous thoughts in this topic, it would never happen. Kids care about stats way too much. Activision thinks that stats track the overall progress of your skill.
---
"As long as you're going to be thinking anyway, think big."
http://www.youtube.com/user/Lannekir
#16HiraishinPosted 2/22/2013 10:39:58 AM
Zombie2626 posted...
It would make objective games way more fun thats for sure.

---
Xboxlive: Bruta1 Karnag3
#17iBlackice25Posted 2/23/2013 3:02:44 PM
It would be better because:

Less campers trying to protect their k/d
Less dashboarders
Less people who play objective games for kills rather than score
Less boosters
More intellectual play styles and more strategic gameplay
More of a variety of guns being used, not just PDW's
Less raging
More fun trying to achieve things like challenges and camo's, rather than just trying to get over a 2.00 k/d every game
---
GT: DarknessSniperX
Youtube channel: aquaAffinity2
#18CammyApplePosted 2/23/2013 3:11:30 PM
Just allow people to turn it on or off. If off you have no stats tracked.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#19Gunther482Posted 2/23/2013 3:12:13 PM
Oh. I thought you meant the removal of the combat record so people couldn't see your K/D while in the lobby.
#20CodPlusHaloPosted 2/23/2013 6:06:16 PM
Personally, I would love this. the K/D is what makes this game so competitive and its why so many people rage at the game or any other war/shooter game. If we didn't know how good we were, we would likely not care and just play. I think we've lost the community that did that. Now all anyone cares about is that they have a 3.57 K/D ratio on every CoD for nothing more than bragging rights and to be able to call someone with a K/D lower than 2.50 a noob. I have a 1.02 K/D and i feel like all i care about is keeping that k/d rising. It'd be nice to not need to care about that.