Uhm. Is there a problem with being host?

#213edgy5you(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 4:32:18 AM
It's like you people really believe that because you posted a dumb sarcastic comment on the internet that I'm not going to notice more of my crappy games come from me hosting than not. There's a host migration every other game or so from someone getting fed-up, from what I've seen.

I see that one dude has a youtube channel. Yep, I'll bet his connection is a good standard to base the entire game on *eye roll*
#22matrix0523Posted 2/23/2013 4:43:46 AM
Host is king. If you complain about being host then you're probably just bad and looking for excuses.

---
GT: Chauvanistic - Only good player on gamefaqs - UMvC3 - Wesker - Doom - Strider - P4A - Teddie- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7-8Q2kTe4 - 2:50
#233edgy5you(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 5:27:29 AM
matrix0523 posted...
GT: Chauvanistic - Only good player on gamefaqs

LMAO oooooohhhhh. That's how this board goes. Okay guys, sounds good. My KD is usually top of the leaderboard and I just purchased this, so if I'm bad I guess everyone else is ****-awful
#24RandomTrampPosted 2/23/2013 6:11:10 AM
Host is usually god mode, but there are certain conditions with the last 2 games where it can be a curse.

I had a couple of dozen games on MW3 where it was astonishingly unplayable (more than double the number of bullets to kill someone, insta-deaths) and on each occasion I was host. Friends had the same issue.

In BO2 I found the problem cleared up after the first major update, but at the same time Virgin Media tripled the speed of my fibre optic connection, so I don't know which of these events resolved the issue.
#25DarkReign128Posted 2/23/2013 6:22:52 AM
Ping is relative to who you connect to.

People who do speed tests don't realize that the ping reading is to that speed test site itself. If you connect to someone else, you have a different ping to that person. People will always say that have a great ping because they always test to the closest speed test site available.

Try testing your ping to different states and countries to get a better opinion of your ping. This way you know if you are on the east coast, you'll know more-or-less how well you connect to west coast users.
---
Do you know the muffin man? O_O
#26belieberPosted 2/23/2013 6:24:11 AM
matrix0523 posted...
Host is king. If you complain about being host then you're probably just bad and looking for excuses.

---
GT: BEIBER 4EVER
AMAZING.
#27Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 2/23/2013 6:32:08 AM
RandomTramp posted...
Host is usually god mode, but there are certain conditions with the last 2 games where it can be a curse.

I had a couple of dozen games on MW3 where it was astonishingly unplayable (more than double the number of bullets to kill someone, insta-deaths) and on each occasion I was host. Friends had the same issue.

In BO2 I found the problem cleared up after the first major update, but at the same time Virgin Media tripled the speed of my fibre optic connection, so I don't know which of these events resolved the issue.

The update didn't fix anything lag wise, it was likely the upping of your internet connection that fixed it.

Whenever I am host there is going to be one of two things that happen for me. If the rest of the people in the party aren't that far away (distance wise) from me, then the match plays out rather normal. But if someone/people are not really that close, then I get the issues of it taking more bullets than normal to kill people.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#283edgy5you(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 6:34:55 AM
Well I just had a pretty crappy match, go to leave after the final kill (we lost), and I can't. I assume that means I hosted as this has only happened every now and then and usually after a horrid match.

Granted, I can't tell if I'm doing well and hosting either because why would I try to back out of a good match?
#293edgy5you(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 6:43:57 AM
And the very next lobby (where I was not the first person in the lobby with four bars) I go 28-3 so I'm not off my game or anything. I know correlation =! causation but unless my methods of detecting host a seriously flawed it doesn't benefit me at all.
#30RS_YELARAKAPosted 2/23/2013 9:41:54 AM
CaffeineSnorter posted...
CaffeineSnorter posted...
Yep, but its a slightly different flavour. I DO blame MW3 and IW/Sledgehammer for its addition, but 3arch should have known better. My connection is 74MB down, 17MB up, great ping etc, always full bar, host frequently - and I see so much BS its crazy. My games are always playable, its never so bad I need to quit - but there are lots of daft kills and deaths that should not have happened.

I would kill you for that connection. I would gut you and hang you by your entrails to have that connection. How much do you pay a month for it?

In this game good connection dont mean ****.

I would walk away from CoD forever for that connection. This game has nothing to do with me wanting a better connection. Me paying 80+ dollars a month and only getting 1.76mb/s down is what kills me.

Ouch :( I pay $125 a month for 30mb down, phone, and cable.
---
GamerTag - YELARAKA (LeAdEr Of Da ReDsKrEeN kLaN)
YouTube Channel - TKING8011