"The Vector shoots the wrong type of round"

#1ZephyrSSXPosted 2/22/2013 10:02:33 PM
Which round is the one in game shooting, exactly? I keep seeing this posted (mainly from Cammy) and it puzzles me.

The Vector in real life is currently chambered for .45 ACP. However even as I type this, new variants of the Vector are being made to shoot the typical 9mm round, among others.

The game takes place in the future so I'm not sure why people are hung up on this.
---
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/21283144.jpg
#2CammyApplePosted 2/22/2013 10:11:12 PM
ZephyrSSX posted...
Which round is the one in game shooting, exactly? I keep seeing this posted (mainly from Cammy) and it puzzles me.

The Vector in real life is currently chambered for .45 ACP. However even as I type this, new variants of the Vector are being made to shoot the typical 9mm round, among others.

The game takes place in the future so I'm not sure why people are hung up on this.

Because CoD hasn't got it right in any game that they include it. Why put the gun in the game if you are going to have it fire the wrong ammo? Just put in the MAC 11 if you want a weak gun with lower recoil.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#3fatclemenzaPosted 2/22/2013 10:12:33 PM
Because CoD hasn't got it right in any game that they include it. Why put the gun in the game if you are going to have it fire the wrong ammo? Just put in the MAC 11 if you want a weak gun with lower recoil.

They want to include a tacticool futurezorz weapon, but if it was true to life, it would be way too good. .45 ACP round with no recoil and high RPM.
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking youíre the one
That can do whatís never been done, that can win whatís never been won
#4ZephyrSSX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 10:16:21 PM
CammyApple posted...
ZephyrSSX posted...

But the game is in the future and they're already making ones that shoot different ammo types in the modern day. It can't even really be considered an error since it's a complete and pretty much definite possibility.
---
#5CammyApplePosted 2/22/2013 10:17:24 PM
ZephyrSSX posted...
CammyApple posted...
ZephyrSSX posted...

But the game is in the future and they're already making ones that shoot different ammo types in the modern day. It can't even really be considered an error since it's a complete and pretty much definite possibility.

That's a cop out. It's the same Vector that was borked in MW2.
---
#6ZephyrSSX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 10:34:25 PM
CammyApple posted...
ZephyrSSX posted...
CammyApple posted...
ZephyrSSX posted...

No it's not. Guns are constantly made to shoot new rounds of ammo all the time. It's one of the key factors of engineering a firearm. Adding options and making it more versatile and deadly.

Sorry you get mad over day to day stuff in the land of guns.
---
#7CalvinCandiePosted 2/22/2013 10:49:32 PM
Speaking of guns. Why don't they ever put a gun in the game that has the Ol' tech 9 barrel muzzer with those holes and what not. It looks great and they can make it an attachment or something.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdba4b2eMJ1r5k6oio1_500.gif
#8ZephyrSSX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 10:57:05 PM
CalvinCandie posted...
Speaking of guns. Why don't they ever put a gun in the game that has the Ol' tech 9 barrel muzzer with those holes and what not. It looks great and they can make it an attachment or something.

Because it's not really needed anymore thanks to technological advancements.
---
#9CammyApplePosted 2/22/2013 11:09:25 PM
ZephyrSSX posted...
CammyApple posted...
ZephyrSSX posted...
CammyApple posted...
ZephyrSSX posted...

No it's not. Guns are constantly made to shoot new rounds of ammo all the time. It's one of the key factors of engineering a firearm. Adding options and making it more versatile and deadly.

Sorry you get mad over day to day stuff in the land of guns.

This is where the world has gone. Someone can't disagree with something without being "mad".

Why would they purposely choose to use less effective ammo even in the future?
---
#10ZephyrSSX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 11:17:05 PM(edited)
It's cheap and cost effective, hydrostatic shock, etc.

Why do you think they're doing it IRL? A bigger bullet does not = more effective bullet just because it's bigger. The 5.7 round, the 9mm round, the .408 CheyTac, etc; all prove this.
---