hmm quick question for assault shield experts

#1AlexanaxelaPosted 2/23/2013 10:36:19 PM
are you suppose to be able to bash right through the assault shield of another person? Me and this other guy got in some battles and we just bashed through each other's shield each time
---
Learning
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/ovhargro/1165953043354.jpg
#2NriepwPosted 2/23/2013 10:37:39 PM
Supposed to?

I hope not.

Do we do it? Yeah.
#3zechsPosted 2/23/2013 10:39:36 PM
Yeah, when I went for Diamond those exchanges happened semi-frequently.

The shield does not protect you from a shield bash, if I recall.
---
"Upgrading Gears costs enough to feed Aveh for a year." - Duke Darkwood
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqvkLrhLY_M
#4TheRealJayveezyPosted 2/23/2013 10:40:56 PM
Yeah it's how it is in the game and I don't think you can say its not how it's supposed to be since it is very obvious it is. This is very much so intended by the mentally challenges folks that made this game. The fast hands animation problem is much more of a problem then this though. If you plan on using the shield a lot be prepared for an insane amount of sadness. Treyarch truly made specials garbage in this game and they don't care at all.
---
Leader of the 1 Horned Pink Bunni clan. You can be a pink Bunni too, all you have to do is ask.
#5Mitchach0Posted 2/23/2013 10:50:50 PM
Those are the easiest bash kills in the game, especially if you're using Dexterity. The horrendous lag and lack of a guided lunge make the shield hard to use, but if you focus on using strategies that complement the shield then I find it to be more successful overall to its predecessors. No, that does not include planting it and then headglitching.
#6__redxiii__Posted 2/23/2013 10:56:23 PM
Yea if you see someone with a shield immediately bash them. These people usually don't know this and they will be backing up.
#7Alexanaxela(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 11:09:59 PM
xfd this thing is made of paper, i was crouched in a corner and the guy just shot me in the toe somehow
---
Wild Snorlax!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/ovhargro/Wild_Snorlax201.jpg
#8TheRealJayveezyPosted 2/23/2013 11:25:11 PM
__redxiii__ posted...
Yea if you see someone with a shield immediately bash them. These people usually don't know this and they will be backing up.

I run an assault shield/crossbow class for SnD, which is pretty much the class that destroys the class I use. Semtex and crossbow sticks to the shield whether you are wearing flak or not kills you so remember that.
---
Leader of the 1 Horned Pink Bunni clan. You can be a pink Bunni too, all you have to do is ask.
#9BipBapBamPosted 2/23/2013 11:26:26 PM
I literally charged a guy using it with my combat knife like 10 times in one match yesterday, I always aimed directly at it and it always killed him. I feel bad for people that seriously use it.
---
Victory is my destiny.
GT: Noitrez
#10TheRealJayveezyPosted 2/23/2013 11:54:42 PM
BipBapBam posted...
I literally charged a guy using it with my combat knife like 10 times in one match yesterday, I always aimed directly at it and it always killed him. I feel bad for people that seriously use it.

Thanks for your sympathy. We definitely need it since treyarch hates us so much. Specials are pathetic in this game, and idk why I insist on continuing to use them.
---