Isn't this game supposed to have a future theme?

#31DyskombobulatedPosted 2/25/2013 12:49:55 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Dyskombobulated posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
This topic is invalid. We do not simply have the technology to teleport each other inside one's anus yet, nor will we in 12 years. What new life changing super sciencey technologies have emerged in the past 12 years?

iPod, iPad, camera phone, smartphone, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, YouTube, Wii, HDTV, 3DTV, 3DS, smart tv. If you wanna be kind and add a year, you can throw in the hybrid car too.

Those are just off the top of my head. Everybody here wants to be a smartass but won't bother to cover their bases first.

Okay okay... Is that a huge advancement? I think not. In 12 years we get target finders and other fun stuff. Not teleporters and time machines that allow us to kidnap Abe Lincoln. iPods and hybrid cars are an advancement, but it's just as big as an advancement as target finders and what not. Quit thinking you know every thing. We all know what we are talking about; I am not sure you know what you are talking about. You may think you do, but in reality, you don't.

Ok, whatever you say kid. I call you a kid because you asked a stupid question about how technology has advanced in the past 12 years. But yeah...you know what you're talking about, right?

Because you haven't realized yet, it was a rhetorical question. Also, am I supposed to be offended?
#32TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 12:50:07 AM
Kirbix posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
This topic is invalid. We do not simply have the technology to teleport each other inside one's anus yet, nor will we in 12 years. What new life changing super sciencey technologies have emerged in the past 12 years?

iPod, iPad, camera phone, smartphone, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, YouTube, Wii, HDTV, 3DTV, 3DS, smart tv. If you wanna be kind and add a year, you can throw in the hybrid car too.

Those are just off the top of my head. Everybody here wants to be a smartass but won't bother to cover their bases first.

And absolutely none of that affected warfare in any way.
I know you're trolling, but damn- at least use the F-22 and F-35 as real evidence. How about predator drones? You could be more convincing if you tried harder.

I'm asking a legitimate question. If you think it's trolling then that's a personal problem you have with being too sensitive about your video games. I didn't name military tech because I, as previously stated, named things off the top of my head. I know military tech has advanced in the past 12 years, I just didn't know the specifics so I didn't go there.

Use your common sense, if civilians got ahold of all that stuff in the past 12 years, what don't you think the military got even more advanced tech? Here's a hint, the tech used in wifi originated in 1980-something and look how long it took for it to be mainstream. I thought it was common knowledge that civilians are among the last to get use of technology.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#33TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 12:52:48 AM
Matter fact, it'd be great if someone from the military can come enlighten us about some of the tech that's currently used so we all can have some sort of idea. It's a lot more dependable than some guys who think they know everything about the military because they sit in the house and pretend to be a soldier in a video game but probably can't even run a mile in under 8 minutes.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#34DyskombobulatedPosted 2/25/2013 12:56:31 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Kirbix posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...

And absolutely none of that affected warfare in any way.
I know you're trolling, but damn- at least use the F-22 and F-35 as real evidence. How about predator drones? You could be more convincing if you tried harder.

I'm asking a legitimate question. If you think it's trolling then that's a personal problem you have with being too sensitive about your video games. I didn't name military tech because I, as previously stated, named things off the top of my head. I know military tech has advanced in the past 12 years, I just didn't know the specifics so I didn't go there.

Use your common sense, if civilians got ahold of all that stuff in the past 12 years, what don't you think the military got even more advanced tech? Here's a hint, the tech used in wifi originated in 1980-something and look how long it took for it to be mainstream. I thought it was common knowledge that civilians are among the last to get use of technology.

We still won't have machines that teleport each other into another person's anus.
#35TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 1:00:55 AM
I said nothing about teleportation and what is with your obsession with people's anus?
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#36DyskombobulatedPosted 2/25/2013 1:13:54 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
I said nothing about teleportation and what is with your obsession with people's anus?

What is this anus obsession you speak of? I was restating what I said earlier. I said it to metaphorically say that we won't have any crazy or absurd inventions like super awesome hunting killing machines that shoot lasers out of its eyes.
#37TheohazardPosted 2/25/2013 1:17:01 AM
I got out of the Marine Corps infantry 12 years ago. I can't tell you exactly what tech is used right now, but from talking to people who are currently in, it seems that things haven't changed all that much.

That makes sense: our military's main combat rifle was designed over 50 years ago. Many special forces units and much of the Marine Corps use a pistol that was designed more than 100 years ago. Our primary heavy machine gun was designed almost 100 years ago. Our primary sniper rifle was designed over 50 years ago and based off of much older designs.

Drones have changed a lot (we used drones when I was in, just not very extensively) and battlefield information technology has advanced a lot; but based on how things have changed in the 12 years since I've been out, I think most people overestimate the level of technology that will be available 12 years from now.
---
0331: "If you run, you'll only die tired."
#38ManTigerPosted 2/25/2013 1:36:48 AM
3arc is one ofthe worst devs I've seen