Eye Problems

#1kpramenPosted 2/26/2013 2:18:45 PM
Before I begin wasting people's time with details, I'm curious, does anyone else on this forum have any eye problems?

About two months ago, I woke up with double vision. My opthamologist diagnosed me with Strabismus / Convergence Insufficiency (CI). Life has been a pain (work, play, etc.) ever since. I just wanted to see if anyone else on this forum has developed any eye problems.

This is nothing to brag about, but I'm a level 5 prestige. I just wanted people to have an idea of the amount of gaming I do. I'm trying to see if there is any correlation between FPS or gaming habits and eye problems.
#2fatclemenzaPosted 2/26/2013 2:20:54 PM
Just eyesight that's getting increasingly poor. I wear glasses for everything that isn't up-close. Haven't been to the eye doctor in years though, I should probably go back.
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#3EpacalypsePosted 2/26/2013 2:22:43 PM
Damn that sucks. No problems here. I've been gaming since atari and my eye doctor told me on my last visit my eye sight improved slightly over the past year.
---
Sleeping is a waste of time.
GT: EPACALYPSE
#4Lord_TenseEyePosted 2/26/2013 2:24:00 PM
No problems here thankfully. But yours could be from gaming depending on your setup. How big is your TV and how far away do you sit from it. Do you play in HD or SD?
#5ZeroChargePosted 2/26/2013 2:24:58 PM
That sucks, TC... :C Sorry to hear that. But as for me...I've been playing video games since I was like 5 and I play hardcore. Like, every day for at least 3-4 hours. Sometimes I go for like 10 hours straight and my eyes are sore, but nothing bad. Never worn glasses or contacts, either. :/
---
Yeah, I'm a Furry. Don't hate. You're just mad you don't have big fluffy fox ears like me! =^w^= I'mma Red Fox. :3
Playing: Minecraft.
#6iBlackice25Posted 2/26/2013 2:35:39 PM
I feel bad for you TC, but it will be ok. I know that staring into computer monitors/television/phone screens can damage your eyesight, but thats all.
---
GT: DarknessSniperX
Youtube channel: aquaAffinity2
#7DougEInstructorPosted 2/26/2013 2:37:57 PM
Did you ask your doctor if this was caused by videogames and if you can go back to playing COD regularly?
#8AWarAmp84Posted 2/26/2013 2:51:33 PM
Most forms of eye strain are temporary. I stare at a computer all day at work and then go home and game for a couple hours and somtimes my eyes get sore but then I go to sleep and thy're better. Sometimes I try to put some eye drops in my eyes if I remember.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#9LerthyrPosted 2/26/2013 3:53:18 PM
I have an astigmatism in both eyes. >.<
---
GT: Lerthyr
"Lerth, watching you play SnD is like watching Mozart paint a picture. It's absolutely beautiful." -supercoolisaac
#10Bad_BricksPosted 2/26/2013 4:08:59 PM(edited)
kpramen posted...
Before I begin wasting people's time with details, I'm curious, does anyone else on this forum have any eye problems?

About two months ago, I woke up with double vision. My opthamologist diagnosed me with Strabismus / Convergence Insufficiency (CI). Life has been a pain (work, play, etc.) ever since. I just wanted to see if anyone else on this forum has developed any eye problems.

This is nothing to brag about, but I'm a level 5 prestige. I just wanted people to have an idea of the amount of gaming I do. I'm trying to see if there is any correlation between FPS or gaming habits and eye problems.

I had something like this happen to me, had to drive with an eye patch, walk around with only one eye open… Had nothing to do with games in my case, was doing a lot of lifting at the time and it turned out that one of the supplements I was taking did it to me. After I stopped the supplement my vision went back to normal in a week… but it was scary at first going to doctor after doctor, with everyone thinking something totally different. ...I would look into diet, or any changes a week before it started happening.