Eye Problems

#11kpramen(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 5:11:25 PM
Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Lord_TenseEye posted...
No problems here thankfully. But yours could be from gaming depending on your setup. How big is your TV and how far away do you sit from it. Do you play in HD or SD?

My gaming setup is a 52" HDTV. I sit in a chair about 5 feet from it when I game. Looking back on this, it's probably too close. I did so mostly for the immersion experience. I usually game with the lights off as well--the only light in the room is from the TV.

Bad_Bricks posted...
kpramen posted...
I had something like this happen to me, had to drive with an eye patch, walk around with only one eye open… Had nothing to do with games in my case, was doing a lot of lifting at the time and it turned out that one of the supplements I was taking did it to me. After I stopped the supplement my vision went back to normal in a week… but it was scary at first going to doctor after doctor, with everyone thinking something totally different. ...I would look into diet, or any changes a week before it started happening.

Can you share what kind of supplements you were taking? Since the thing started about two months ago, it's difficult to remember what I was eating at the time. Because it was the holidays, I was probably eating a lot of crap. And by crap, I mean good food, but too much of everything.
#12HeartlessCharmsPosted 2/26/2013 7:15:01 PM
Playing video games actually betters your eyesight.
---
All I have in life is my new appetite for failure.
#13BipBapBamPosted 2/26/2013 7:17:37 PM
I've been blind since I was 8, literally can't see anything further than 5 feet away from me without my glasses.
---
Victory is my destiny.
GT: Noitrez
#14Bad_BricksPosted 2/26/2013 7:58:06 PM
kpramen posted...
Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Lord_TenseEye posted...
No problems here thankfully. But yours could be from gaming depending on your setup. How big is your TV and how far away do you sit from it. Do you play in HD or SD?

My gaming setup is a 52" HDTV. I sit in a chair about 5 feet from it when I game. Looking back on this, it's probably too close. I did so mostly for the immersion experience. I usually game with the lights off as well--the only light in the room is from the TV.

Bad_Bricks posted...
kpramen posted...
I had something like this happen to me, had to drive with an eye patch, walk around with only one eye open… Had nothing to do with games in my case, was doing a lot of lifting at the time and it turned out that one of the supplements I was taking did it to me. After I stopped the supplement my vision went back to normal in a week… but it was scary at first going to doctor after doctor, with everyone thinking something totally different. ...I would look into diet, or any changes a week before it started happening.

Can you share what kind of supplements you were taking? Since the thing started about two months ago, it's difficult to remember what I was eating at the time. Because it was the holidays, I was probably eating a lot of crap. And by crap, I mean good food, but too much of everything.

It is something that you started doing and still do, like if you started new vitamins... even though i figured it out myself... docs are the way to go. If i would have just taken the drugs for a few days i would have had problems, but it started to buildup in my system over time.
#15Who_ate_the_piePosted 2/26/2013 10:40:45 PM
I have myopia. Used to wear glasses until my doctor told me about orthokeratology (something like that). Now I can see fine and my vision isn't getting worse.
#16F_H_NukemPosted 2/26/2013 10:59:12 PM
my left eye has like 45-50 vision

i had to have my eyes popped out and fixed at 5 because i was horribly crosseyed to the fact that i could not walk
---
"The CoD franchise is the McDonalds of video games, its widely known to be bad but millions still eat it up" - therickmu25 - 11/26/12
#17lderivedxPosted 2/27/2013 2:00:29 AM
I have worse than 20/200 vision without glasses, but both my parents have bad vision, so I kind of expected it.
---
You hate even numbers? Are you one of those people that only eats certain colors of M&Ms? -skiergamer23
GT: i derive dx