The Striker was the best naked shotgun in any CoD game. Black Ops shotguns suck.

#11known2FAILPosted 2/26/2013 10:13:59 PM
AlleRacing posted...
Eh, Striker wasn't that great in either MW2 or 3.

1. Trench Gun (CoD1-3)
2. SPAS 12 (MW2)
3. M1014 (MW2)
4. SPAS 12 (BLOPS)
5. Stakeout (BLOPS)

Top 5 IMO.

I know it's your opinion but the Stakeout from BO1 shouldn't even sniff the top 5 all time CoD shotgun list.. never... AA-12 from MW2, 1887 from MW2, M1014 from MW1, Striker from MW2, Striker from MW3 and KSG from MW3 are all better than the Stakeout from BO1.
---
I knew FMGs would be OP before the game came out:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995751-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3/59204323
#12AlleRacingPosted 2/26/2013 11:29:15 PM
AA12 - Lol
1887 - pre-nerf only
M1014 - neither the W1200 or the M1014 come close, Stakeout outranges them
Striker - nope
KSG - maybe, I was going to put it in 6th
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#13Model_OmegaPosted 2/26/2013 11:45:34 PM
Top Five Shotguns IMO (no pre-patch 1887, they would top the list for sure)
1)- MW2 M1014, I'm honestly surprised a lot of people didn't use this gun, sure it doesn't have the range or clip size of the SPAS or Striker, but instead has the power of the SPAS and the fire rate of the Striker, making it IMO the easiest and most generally effective shotgun

2)- MW2 SPAS-12, ridiculous (for a VG shotgun I add) range, hampered by a "miss and you're probably dead" shtick, plus it can't handle groups very well.

3)- MW2/MW3 Striker (they're basically the same gun, just look at the stats!)
Very spammable with actually quite decent range, but the low damage means you might lose to SMGs and will probably lose to more powerful shotguns, great for clearing rooms and objective points!

4)- MW2 AA-12, 16 rounds with extended mags makes this gun a chainsaw in close range, but that's also it's problem, once you're out of the range it's shooting puffs of air.

5)- R870 MCS, SPAS-12 Lite, not as good range and the hipfire is terribad without the laser sight, but it still has that awesome power which for some reason makes this gun more controversial then the obviously more powerful SPAS-12.... though since every shotgun was OP in MW2 I guess it didn't matter as much.
Oh and for the record the 870 is not OP, it only feels OP since you die to it easily in close range.... and it's a shotgun..... DO THE MATH >_<
---
Flak Jacket: Survive multiple rockets and grenades exploding by your feet, scratch from a knife to your shin insta-kills you, seems pretty legit.
#143edgy5youPosted 2/26/2013 11:56:41 PM
Model_Omega posted...
Top Five Shotguns IMO (no pre-patch 1887, they would top the list for sure)
1)- MW2 M1014, I'm honestly surprised a lot of people didn't use this gun, sure it doesn't have the range or clip size of the SPAS or Striker, but instead has the power of the SPAS and the fire rate of the Striker, making it IMO the easiest and most generally effective shotgun

needs extended mags or a grip to compete

2)- MW2 SPAS-12, ridiculous (for a VG shotgun I add) range, hampered by a "miss and you're probably dead" shtick, plus it can't handle groups very well.

This should be #1, but I'd like to note that Far Cry 3 has the most accurate shottie ranges I've seen depicted in recen games

3)- MW2/MW3 Striker (they're basically the same gun, just look at the stats!)
Very spammable with actually quite decent range, but the low damage means you might lose to SMGs and will probably lose to more powerful shotguns, great for clearing rooms and objective points!

Given the weapons in the Modern Warfare series that the striker has to compete with (and the maps lol), the black ops 1 spas is better at this role in it's respective game

4)- MW2 AA-12, 16 rounds with extended mags makes this gun a chainsaw in close range, but that's also it's problem, once you're out of the range it's shooting puffs of air.

needs extended mags

5)- R870 MCS, SPAS-12 Lite, not as good range and the hipfire is terribad without the laser sight, but it still has that awesome power which for some reason makes this gun more controversial then the obviously more powerful SPAS-12.... though since every shotgun was OP in MW2 I guess it didn't matter as much.
Oh and for the record the 870 is not OP, it only feels OP since you die to it easily in close range.... and it's a shotgun..... DO THE MATH

agree >_<

Just critique as a shotgun enthusiast
#15BS_Infinite(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 12:42:38 PM
3edgy5you posted...
Lmao no. MW2 spas and pre-patch 1887, Black Ops 1 Spas, MW2 AA-12 or M1014 with extended, USAS in MW3 with range, post patch MW3 1887 with damage or range.

L2 shottie broseph. Some of the above leave out your "naked" rule but eh. Striker was only good in one game and the BO1 spas was better at the same role.

B01 spas was def not better. It had worse hipspread and a smaller mag + I believe it had slightly lower damage at range iirc
#16RS_YELARAKAPosted 2/28/2013 12:49:38 PM
If you are lagging and using a shotgun you are F'd in the A with no L. Especially any SG not named R870
---
GamerTag - YELARAKA (LeAdEr Of Da ReDsKrEeN kLaN)
YouTube Channel - TKING8011
#17M1911A1Posted 2/28/2013 1:08:26 PM
Soul_On_Display posted...
I feel like this is a joke, but I actually do think SGs are on the weak side as they are now. They might be able to beat people here and there, but people seem to forget that outside of CQC, they're worthless. By total value, SMGs or ARs are far better weapons.

LOL CQC is what the shotgun is MEANT for.
#18CinderDragon77Posted 2/28/2013 1:15:40 PM
M1911A1 posted...
I feel like this is a joke, but I actually do think SGs are on the weak side as they are now. They might be able to beat people here and there, but people seem to forget that outside of CQC, they're worthless. By total value, SMGs or ARs are far better weapons.

I guess CQC is the length of half a room on hijacked now lol.
---
TrendyEnt=UberEnt= Q_Q What are consoles?
#19BS_Infinite(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 1:49:37 AM
CinderDragon77 posted...
M1911A1 posted...

I guess CQC is the length of half a room on hijacked now lol.

That is pretty close up...
#20iBlackice25Posted 3/4/2013 4:43:29 AM
Best naked shotgun in any COD game was the spas-12 from MW2, hands down. It needed no attachments to wipe out a room filled with enemies.
---
GT: DarknessSniperX
Youtube channel: aquaAffinity2