we take a lot for granted in this game

#1Redskins4Life21Posted 2/27/2013 2:17:46 PM
Going back to play older cod games ie bo1 mw3, its easy to see just how much better bo2 is. The graphics are like night and day. The pick 10 loadout interface is the cleanest of any fps ive played. I made the mistake of purchasing battlefield 3 premium today. ..when I went back to play bf3 it absolutely stinks in comparison.
---
Now Playing: Black Ops II
Playing Soon: Dishonored, Halo 4, Walking Dead, Hitman, Rage, Need for Speed
#2Legit_AllmightyPosted 2/27/2013 2:21:27 PM
Playing any game after playing MW3 will make a game seem amazing.
#3Redskins4Life21(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 5:28:44 PM
I actually just played a little more BF3 after downloading all the new map packs... the game isn't bad. The graphics could be considered on par or better than bo2, and the environmental damage is astounding thanks to the frostbite 2 engine. hit detection seems a bit suspect, and i'm used to the cod (x) marks the spot when damaging an opponent.

Black Ops 2 may have its flaws (too geared toward the smg player, occasional lag, a mediocre player community at best) but to me it is the gold standard for MP shooters. Trying to set up your class loadouts in other games is a nightmare in comparison. The guns all have their own personality, as opoosed to BF3 where every automatic weapon feels the same. The maps are brilliant... some may complain about spawns, but after 5000 kills myself, I have only been spawn killed maybe 10 times. Some don't like that sniper outposts are easily infiltrated thanks to multiple points of entry (multiple points of entry abound to just about any area on any map), but this is part of what makes COD great.

To me, black ops 2 deserves a 9.5/10.... not because it is nearly perfect, but rather that compared to its peers it is just the best there is. There is a reason that hundreds of thousands of gamers play at a time. Its not just because the game is called Call of Duty, its because the games consistently improve on one another, and nearly every year they make the new 60 dollar upgrade worthwhile
---
Now Playing: Black Ops II
Playing Soon: Dishonored, Halo 4, Walking Dead, Hitman, Rage, Need for Speed